{'en': 'Have you ever had bad times with diabetes and then have been fine again?I feel lost!', 'es': '¿Alguna vez han tenido épocas malas con diabetes y luego han vuelto a estar bien? Me siento perdida!'} Image

Have you ever had bad times with diabetes and then have been fine again?I feel lost!

Beatriz10's profile photo   04/06/2018 3:17 p.m.

Very good afternoon!

My name is Beatriz.I have been type 1 diabetic since the age of 7, now with 22 I can say that with more than 16 years of diabetes I have been able to sit a little more.Right now I find myself in a new situation in my life and I am studying and working and I see myself with an average sugar of 200-300 all or almost every day and I am afraid to continue like this.Right now I am looking for help, with endocrine and I am looking for diabetological help.

However, I am always afraid to be in 200-250 or even in times of the day in 300 because I fear that something or future can happen to me.Anxiety has given me since I wanted to remedy this and of course everything is a loop ... when I find myself at times of less stress if I am able to control myself but in times of stress ... Uff and I do not know what to do.

The thing is that I started diabetes with 7 years and with good glycosiladteenager.I want to take care of myself, really, but I feel many times incapable.

Have any of you had decompensations or times of high glycosylated and have been able to lower them?I have not had complications at the moment ...

I feel something lost.I want to have good control ...

Thanks in advance, guys!

And, above all, thank you very much for the forum I have long helps them and help me a lot because I do not know diabetic people and I also learn from their experiences and I feel lost.

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
04/06/2018 3:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I don't know if you are going to the endocrine, but I would have to give you a solution.If you have that values, you need more insulin.You will have to make a change in treatment to have good control.You don't give us many data, I suppose you use slow and fast insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/06/2018 3:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!Yes, I am with Lantus in the morning (40 units) and Humalog tomorrow-Comida-Cena (6-9-9) but it gives me that I have to climb the dose.

Beatriz10
04/06/2018 5:06 p.m.

If you get up high, the lantus rises, of unity unity. Until you wake up well.Then regulate the fast ones, to be below 180, after meals.
There are seasons in which more insulin is needed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/06/2018 6:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you very much, Regina.For the help you are offering me.The problem is the lack of diabetological education that I have and the truth is that I had a good streak until I started with a very busy life and I see myself now lost and with lack of necessary information.

That's why I appreciate your words.

PS: Do you think taking care of me from now on can prevent future complications?I have a lot to have had bad seasons, I don't know anyone who has had bad seasons and then recover.Above all, because I don't know anyone with diabetes.

Thank you!

Beatriz10
04/06/2018 6:40 p.m.

Beatriz, this is the daily life of many of us.
I have been 33 years, for now without complications and yes, of course I have spent times with hemo of 8 and up to 8.6, the highest remember, was in November 2017.
Stress affects a lot, it also causes me ups.In those times I upload the basal little by little and correct in each meal, and even with extra bowling often.
In addition, a few days are the same, so, what you have to try, is to have the least possible variability and the least number of days, but sometimes you just want to throw your hair.That is the time to breathe deep and take it with resignation, to try again.
Much encouragement !!

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/06/2018 7:04 p.m.

All or almost everyone we have had periods of instability who says otherwise will be lying to you, there are thousands of factors after 24 hours that if you are not strict and knowledgeable of your body they destabilize you or vary the levels of glycemia like a mountain like a mountainRussian, as you recommend indications and a review of the endocrine to stabilize levels is fundamental, but far from that you do not have a sacrifice, effort and dedication to achieve that goal that can indicate you will indicate in vain.The problems can lie in what you owe that these external blood glucose variations dilate over time and what is late to take the bull by the courses.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/06/2018 7:59 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Beatriz
I tell you the same thing that Regina.Lantus little by little so that you get up well.It may not cover you 24 hours (I did not cover me, only 18 or so) in that case the endocrine will tell you to get a little more at another time to reinforce.
Regarding meals, try to eat more or less the same type of food for a week so you can see if the novorapid is well adjusted.
As you know, every day it is different, you have to meet us to adjust and high days will always be, but you have to try to be controllable and the least possible.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/07/2018 12:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello!I have been diabetic and without complications for 30 years, I have had epochs of difficult control, especially for stress.Now for example, I have not been successful with insulin for a few weeks, I think they are hormones, TB when I get out of rehabilitation begins to raise my fabric levels ... Today I have done an analytical by the private one and I know that theHemoglobin something more D 7 but I am looking forward to the endocrine to comment and give me solutions.
I advise you @beatriz go to the endocrine to adjust the treatment.Greetings

091975's profile photo
04/07/2018 6:10 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Good afternoon everyone, thank you very much, really.I am very worried because I started with diabetes at age 7 and everything was going well but in the adolescence PFF I got out of control for a few years, I had no complications I returned to a moderate control (7) and now I go up again and for the moment in the revisions I have notI had complications but I am so afraid that for those times of bad control or added to the one now something serious will happen at any time although now I take care of me ...

Thank you all for telling your experiences, they don't know how much they help me.

Beatriz10
04/08/2018 3:51 p.m.

Quiet, nothing will happen to you.
As I read, several years of bad control must really have complications.
Try to make an appointment with the endocrine and take care as much as you can.We do what we can and not always with the results we would like.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/09/2018 9:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Regina" are you sure that nothing will happen to us ???I am tired of hearing that you have to take care to get well at elderly, but ..... if a person without diabetes for the mere fact and meet years and consequentOr because yes, do you think people with diabetes, knowing all how is this devastating disease with the body, will nothing come to us?It may be due to diabetes or not, true ... but that the probability to be a consequence of diabetes not, is enough inequality.It is fine encouraging and we know that complications do not come out as who they say for 3 days of being uncontrolled, but that everything happens an invoice is a reality.With that, I don't want to say that this person will review complications.But the reality is that we have a high risk and the discipline and sacrifice to (hopefully not) that the complications do not appear or are later possible is fundamental.Although the cross on many occasions becomes too heavy.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/10/2018 7:08 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you all, the truth is that I walk readjusting everything.But I am afraid that for bad times, complicated years that I have come down although now I have uploaded again, something will happen to me inevitably.

Beatriz10
04/10/2018 7:34 p.m.

@Luvi, I have not said that, I do not know what is going to happen, but what I am sure is that good control a lot away from complications and makes them more slight.And in the meantime, we give time for the treatments to improve.
Before for a renal failure there was no more solution than dialysis, for example, and today double kidney transplant and pancreas are being made with very good results.
So you can be optimistic and control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2018 8:38 p.m.

No one has a bought life.I have problems before being diabetics.It is true that diabetes is a sacrifice but does not prevent me from making my life.

@"Luvi" you have to do what one can and feel satisfied with oneself.If I can't have a Glyc of 5, well, but I have done my best to take care of myself and live life;I am satisfied to have the glyc between 5.7-6.4.The high days worry me but the right thing because I do what I can and not even doctors know why this change in behavior.

Who knows what can happen to us.I am sure that I will not die diabetes ... There are many more likely factors in the life we ​​lead.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/11/2018 7:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Diabetes greatly influences our future health but carrying it very well controlled (we have below 6 without peaks) I don't think it involves much difference with respect to people without diabetes.
There are things that I think they influence much more as a good diet and exercise.Maintaining a good physical form and conserving muscle mass is basic to get old and that is only achieved with exercise.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/11/2018 8:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Nobody knows what can happen, is it true that we have more vulnerability and probability of complications and diseases, but I don't think it uses to think "and if I have complications in the future?"Whenever we maintain a good hem and take care of ourselves ... we must try to live in the present and if something arrives, our future self will face it.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/11/2018 8:10 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.