High levels

Antoniomesa153's profile photo   04/12/2018 8:23 a.m.

Good morning, my 15 -year -old son has been with high levels for a few days eating even less.It has abdominal discomfort and headache.I am giving it frenadol and I just read that patients with diabetes have to be careful when containing this caffeine and absorption acid.
Will this be the reason?
Today and proven to relieve the inconvenience with effervescent paracetamol that also read and says that patients with diabetes and lack of glucose-6-sulfate, produces hypoglycemia.
And also uploaded to 215 with only one glass of milk and two integral cookies without sugar, being 90 before and putting a dose just in case.
Can anyone say if something similar happens to you?
Thank you

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
04/12/2018 8:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes it has something viral, you may need more insulin those days.
Better see the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2018 9:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It will not be better before self -medicating it without knowledge and meaning to take it to the doctor?The destabilization of its glycemia at high values ​​may be due to the fact that it is incubating some viral process or simply to hormonal resistance due to its age.Whatever, the high levels must stop by raising insulin doses and not managing according to the medication that carries less or does not carry any compound to raise the sugar.Because in a large majority of cases before a viral or bacterial process it is very feasible for the medication to carry a compound that raises the sugar level even more than what will already be high by the disease itself.Both for one thing, and for another, to consult with endocrine and that a doctor who prescribes the medications to take.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/12/2018 9:52 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you very much, here we have no endocrine.Although yes family doctor.In his last review he told me his endocrine that he could take analgesics and anti -inflammatories, also subtracting importance ... that if they were for what I gave him what sometimes previously the debut had taken.
My family doctor does not inspire me much confidence although it will always have more knowledge than I is unquestionable.The problem is that they leave you a range of possibilities so wide that then it is you who have to make decisions some more accurate than others.Thank you so much

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
04/12/2018 10:31 a.m.

It's hard to help you without putting the leg ...
I can only tell you that I remember my son's 15 years (he debuted with 11 and now he is 17).That was a constant roller coaster.Both because it is bad, and because it is growing, and because it is angry, as well as it has not slept well, like ...
But if it is high, I would put more insulin and you will go down ... or not (your insulin needs may be uploading by their own physical development).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/12/2018 2:16 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I remember a phrase that my son's educator told me at the beginning: "Do not panic when your child has times of high values ​​and do not find a logical explanation. In the control of diabetes, 2 plus 2 never add up to 4.A teenager and lacks insulin, but the rest of the hormones have them all, and in full effervescence! "

So when my son has those insulin resistance streaks with frequent hyperglycemia, I solve him uploading units, both quickly and slowly.Sometimes after a few days the values ​​are standing (if for example it was due to a viral process) and we lower the dose again.However, other times you simply have to stay in the same dose continuously, either because it is hitting a stretch and the growth hormone is acting and resisting insulin, or because the honeymoon is gradually finished and the honeymoon is overHis pancreatic reserve is running out.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
04/12/2018 2:42 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Have you proven urine in case you have acetone?

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/13/2018 7:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.