Hello everyone, after 25 years of diabetes ...

Nubes's profile photo   04/16/2018 3:43 p.m.

I have decided to start taking care of myself.What to deceive you, it is because I have begun to see the wolf's ears.I was diagnosed with 8 years and I have 35. I have always had a penalty hemoglobins, when I was a child it was not my fault, I know that my mother has devised for me, I was also a nurse, but they came to catalog me "intractable" diabetes, with hemoglobins of 10.

As I have had different times, in some I have worked hard and I have only achieved hemoglobins of 8, which has derived in me frustrating myself and going back from everything.And so on.

I am neither in favor of living obsessed by glycemia, I think that is neither life nor healthy.I have diabetic known for example, that slaves live always at the same exact time and that are never allowed or that they take away their sleep if they use a needle more than once.I see that absurd with all respect.I am not willing to be a slave of this and if that means that I will live 10 years less, because I assume it.

Despite this, after 25 years, I only have a slight retinopathy (they have told me that it can even be reversible) that in fact a few years ago they also told me and the next review had nothing and I also suffer from some minor neuropathies type carpal tunnel typeAnd of the ulnar nerve, but I can even guarantee that it is for diabetes, because I have been working in offices for 15 years and I have many colleagues who also have this type of pathologies by postural theme without having diabetes.This is an issue that does not worry about the truth too much.

But well, as I said, I want to start taking care of myself a little more and how I hate controls with all my being, I have gone to free and truth, I have changed my life, I have not yet done another hemoglobin because I have been 1 monthWith him, but only because of the levels I see, I think he will lower me a barbarity.

I would like to know about your experience and if you have spent phases like mine, what do you think, etc.

All the best!

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 3:43 p.m.

Desde 1992 con el rollo este....

Hi @nubes.
Of course I believe that here who else and who has least had your experience.They diagnosed me with 12 years and now I have 36. Taking care I will take more or less from the 25 (I say taking care of my.In adolescence I went out there and did not put insulin until I did not get home, "corrected."Seeing a 190 seemed like a good value.
That yes, when the free came out in 2014 I went from the first to try it, to click on my fingers I have always hated it much more than the rest of the diabetes problems, and that changed my life, since without any effort my effortHemo was below 7%.Then I wanted to get pregnant and with the free and the bomb I have achieved below 6%.I am luck that I have never had problems derived from diabetes, I have not had many hemoglobins above 9 or 10, now only but that they do not appear after the lack of control that I had as a young man because I think the same as you, I have neverPost the alarm clock to measure me at night to my sleep is essential, and mental health too, living obsessed is not worth it ..... Start taking a little care of you, you'll see that simply with free you will have a hemVery acceptable, and little that with your educators you speak a little, nothing plays yourself with a book hem.Good luck!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/16/2018 4:18 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Welcome to the "clouds" forum, I have been 20 years ... and I share a lot of what you have commented on @"erpla" and you, we have to learn to live with diabetes, without obsessing ... I retain in memoryA conference by our beloved Iñaki Lorente, which explained this aspect, in less than 15 minutes.

I copy the link here to the subject, in case you want to see the video, it is very worth it!

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/18/2018 11:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.