Type 2 Diabetica

Marisa63's profile photo   04/16/2018 11:59 p.m.

Hello people !!I have been reading them for almost a week without stopping.A few days of arriving, I was not good and I went to the pharmacy and I had 300 !!! I almost died!The next day visit the endocrine, to change the medication for two janumet a day and I am strictlyI am scared.To the three days of Janumet had 214 on an empty stomach (in the pharmacy). What glucometer do you recommend me?Bayer's, how is it?I am quite worried and overwhelmed with so much information that I have read in these diabetes days.Thanks for reading me

Marisa63's profile photo
Marisa63
04/16/2018 11:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marisa63, the first thing you should do, if you are back in your city or country is to go to your usual endocrine, the second and very important is to have a glucometer, have you been told that you have to have one?It is very important to know the blood glucose levels that are daily to have good control of the disease.Talk to your endocrine and tell him to send you to diabetological education.
On glucometers brands the truth that I cannot recommend any in particular because right now I do not use since I carry a continuous meter and the one I used previously I am seeing that they have removed it from the market so to see if any partner can help you.
Greetings and courage.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/17/2018 12:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi @marisa63
You can try to ask for an endocrine glucometer and give you some strips.
Some people with type 2 diabetes are given.
The Bayer brand's gluco is very good, for my taste one of the best.
Courage and taking good care of you does not have anything.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
04/17/2018 3:30 p.m.

marisa63 said:
Hello people !!I have been reading them for almost a week without stopping.A few days of arriving, I was not good and I went to the pharmacy and I had 300 !!! I almost died!The next day visit the endocrine, to change the medication for two janumet a day and I am strictlyI am scared.To the three days of Janumet had 214 on an empty stomach (in the pharmacy). What glucometer do you recommend me?Bayer's, how is it?I am quite worried and overwhelmed with so much information that I have read in these diabetes days.Thanks for reading me

paco1956's profile photo
paco1956
04/22/2018 6:12 p.m.

Hello, I am Spanish, do not worry too much and live normally with the medication if the doctor see that you have the sugar so high even with the medicines will send you insulin punctures if you take care of yourself, nothing will happen to you.

paco1956's profile photo
paco1956
04/22/2018 6:15 p.m.

Hello, again!Thanks for the tips.In the end, after a week with Janumet I went to control the pharmacy and I was 345. I was very anguish and I went to the Emergency Department to the Clinic Hospital of Barcelona (close work).They attended me phenomenal, they put me fast insulin (I have 11 -year HglylicosiladHour with educator and insulin 15 U at night.Of this a week ago, I am with quite good glucose levels (I will be in full honeymoon ...).Rajatabla diet to lose 10pats and walk when my sedentary work allows me.I still last the blurred vision.What do you do in the forum, you are great !!

Marisa63's profile photo
Marisa63
04/23/2018 10:13 p.m.

hello.Do not abandon because poorly controlled diabetes can bring very serious consequences.putting from you can you control.A question, have you told you if you are diabetes 1 or 2?

What have been your fasting measurements and 2 hours after eating with your glucometer?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/07/2018 9:05 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hi Matrix, I am type 2 diabetics, but uncontrolled until 15 days ago.Since I get Lantus 15 or at night, I am in the morning to 120, in the afternoon before dinner at 120-130 and at two hours later I never spend 160. At the end of the month I have an appointment with the endocrine and I have itThat wearing all the measurements. I am on diet to lose weight and gradually recover my vision.
I don't know what the endocrine will tell me ..
Thanks for the tips!

Marisa63's profile photo
Marisa63
05/07/2018 7:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.