Find out that I have diabetes

camila9090's profile photo   04/28/2018 8:34 p.m.

Good afternoon!
My name is Camila, I am from Argentina, I am 27 years old and a few hours ago I learned that I have diabetes.I knew that the values ​​in my blood test were high, but I did not believe it was for so much to diagnose diabetes.When the doctor told me I was shock and left the office without asking anything.
I was medicated "500 mg hydrochloride metformin" to start.
I tell you briefly ...
My life began to change when my dog ​​died two years ago, there I began to channel everything, absolutely everything (anguish, concern, joy, etc.) in food.Last year my father died and this situation got worse.
I was never fat, I never even took care of myself at meals because I had the right weight, but in two years I gained 45 kilos.This is what made me say "I have diabetes."I can't believe it!I am distressed and I just want to eat and eat, but I know that I should not, that I must lose weight and take care of my health.How do they live with this disease day by day?What advice and/or suggestions can give me?
What has to take all my life this medication makes me insulin dependent?I finish that I heard.
I also read of diabetes types.What kind of diabetes do I have?The doctor did not tell me or I remember that he told me.
I will see my doctor next week with new studies that he sent me to do and I will get all the doubts.Meanwhile anything they can share, I will thank you !!
Greetings to all!

camila9090's profile photo
camila9090
04/28/2018 8:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have type 2 diabetes and you are not insulin -dependent, since metformin is not insulin (nor looks like).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/29/2018 1:27 p.m.

You will have to deal with diet, medication and exercise.
Yes you have problems stop eating in excess, you will need a medical treatment to achieve it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2018 1:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ask you to do more tests to know if you are type 1 or 2. They have not prescribed insulin so it seems 2. That they look at your thyroid thus discard that weight gain is because the thyroid does not have well.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/29/2018 2:53 p.m.

Thanks for the messages!
I started with healthy diet and exercise.In addition, I have high thyroid values.They sent me to do another study to confirm all the values.With this confirmation study they will also medicate me by the thyroid.
Speaking of type 1 diabetes and type 2, which is "worse"?
Thank you!!!

camila9090's profile photo
camila9090
04/29/2018 4:13 p.m.

Worse is always the worst controlled is.
In theory, it will be easier to control what does not need insulin, at least, it has less risk of hypoglycemia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2018 4:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I am also from Argentina and I think you have to change the lifestyle, go to a nutritionist to give you an appropriate meal plan for you, start with exercises and do not discard a psychological space, now calm, to wait for theanalysis and take care of you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/29/2018 7:06 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.