Post Breakfast Hyperglycemia/ I am new in the forum.

juanpablo's profile photo   04/29/2018 6:03 p.m.

Hello friends, I am new in the forum.Type 1 diabetes since the age of 25 (2010).I have the next problem and I hope you can help me.UUJEO Insulin Use, 42 units (I do not use pump).I have a plant -based food.I exercise 4 times a week.Always awake at 7 am with glycemias of 80-140 mg/dl.But whatever you eat at breakfast, I do peak about 200 and up to 280 on some occasions even up to two hours after eating, without administering ultra -upd insulin reinforcements.I continue with that hyperglycemia until before lunch waiting to normalize but it never happens and I must administer ultra fast insulin.Then lunch, and from there continuous Normoglymicium all day, until the morning of the next day, without administering nothing more of ultrarapid insulin.That is.I await your help thank you very much.

juanpablo's profile photo
juanpablo
04/29/2018 6:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to put the fast insulin before breakfast, to avoid the peaks.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2018 6:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That's right .. Put on fast insulin 20 minutes before breakfast and change the diet.
I have suppressed the breakfast peaks (I had them as you and up to 300) suppressing the milk and drinking whole wheat bread.Now my peaks are 150 and time to have breakfast I am at 100

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/29/2018 9:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Juan Pablo, you have tried not to eat anything to rule out that the problem is not a lack of slow basal-insulin.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/29/2018 9:40 p.m.

ruthbia said:
so is .. Put the fast insulin 20 minutes before breakfast and change the diet.
I have suppressed the breakfast peaks (I had them as you and up to 300) suppressing the milk and drinking whole wheat bread.Now my peaks are 150 and time to have breakfast I am 100

The peaks of the meals (of breakfast, in this case) have a lot to do with the waiting time from the administration of insulin to start eating.If you increase the wait for sufficient blood circulating insulin when the carbohydrates of breakfast are absorbed, you will not peak hyperglycemia, you eat what you eat.It is not necessary to change the food for it ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/29/2018 9:41 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
ruthbia said:
so is .. Put the fast insulin 20 minutes before breakfast and change the diet.
I have suppressed the breakfast peaks (I had them as you and up to 300) suppressing the milk and drinking whole wheat bread.Now my peaks are 150 and time to have breakfast I am 100

The peaks of the meals (of breakfast, in this case) have a lot to do with the waiting time from the administration of insulin to start eating.If you increase the wait for sufficient blood circulating insulin when the carbohydrates of breakfast are absorbed, you will not peak hyperglycemia, you eat what you eat.It is not necessary to change the food for it ...

I understand the waiting of blood insulin, but if one dawns with normoglycemia, and the toujeo insulin has a more than 24 hrs duration, because the peaks?even eating less than in lunch and dinner.So it does not go through the amount of carbohydrates consumed?What would be the explanation if there is supposed to still basal insulin still circulating or is there simply?

juanpablo
04/29/2018 9:50 p.m.

Basal insulins, such as toujeo, do not metabolize hydrates, have no strength for it, carbohydrates only metabolize with fast insulins.The basal keeps glucose without hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2018 10:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
basal insulins, such as toujeo, do not metabolize hydrates, have no strength for it, carbohydrates only metabolize with fast insulins.The basal keeps glucose without hydrates.

Understood.thanks a lot.I loved the forum.Very pro everyone ...

juanpablo
04/29/2018 11:50 p.m.

@'JPR' that doesn't work for me.It takes 1 hour to see the effect of the rapid.It works by changing food.
I made several graphics to my endo and show him that until 10:00 the insulin takes to take effect 1 hour and more, from that time it takes effect in 20 min more or less.
I changed the amount of milk and I no longer have peaks as high as before, do not tell me why, the case is that at me the milk at any time climbs me a lot and that which took them skimmed since before being diabetic.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/04/2018 7:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.