{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes for 4 months, I am 33 years old', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 4 meses, tengo 33 años'} Image

Type 1 diabetes for 4 months, I am 33 years old

johannez's profile photo   05/09/2018 10:59 a.m.

Hello, I'm new in this forum,

I am 33 years old and diagnosed 4 months ago type 1. I did some analysis by the mutual work and my glucose left 180 but they did not give it more importance ... the next month I went to my head doctor to ask for analysis againSince I was very tired, without energy ... in those analyzes I got a glucose of 245 on an empRepeat the analyzes and it came out 165.

Still I was not sure of the type of diabetes because my only symptom that fit was thinness, I have always weighed about 50 kilos and now 45kg weight.My glycosilada was 7.5.

I referred to the endocrine and the antibodies came out positive, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes but without insulin or anything, for now they told me that I was on a honeymoon.I work in trade 8 hours a day from Monday to Saturday, I've been without vacations for 2 years and I have found myself very stressed, I trigger this, because I think it has to do with an important role here the cortisol, glucagon ... etc..

My endocrine has not given importance to that.I am now more relaxed and I am finally resting.I am little by little my body myself.

I am eating proteins and carbohydrates only from vegetables and fruits, the most raw vegetables because if I cue, the glucose usually raises me.Until now with the diet that I follow I have very good results, I get up with fasting glucose in 100 hours later 130 and after eating it I also have it over 137.

In the afternoon I usually walk in 82 and after dinner in 130, all this without any medication.I have my doubts if this will be regulated one day or I do not end ... I have hope that it is not finally diabetes or a honeymoon.

I do not know if something else has happened to someone else ... until September I do not have to return to the endocrine, I hope that the glycosada has lowered and have everything controlled as until now.

Greetings!

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @johannez forum, I am sure you are going to learn very much with what you read here, I leave you below some issues to start, ask what you need!

On the description of your debut, it looks a lot like mine, 20 years ago, I had a very strong stress situation, which (I think) resulted in diabetes, the diagnostic process was a disaster, first they told me it was allergy, spring astemia, etc ... until 3 months later they were right with diabetes.

The first months I had the "honeymoon", and the control was easier than now, even in times I had the same doubt than you, but the diagnosis was confirmed, in short, you have to learn to live with this backpack, stepBy pace!;)

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/09/2018 11:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Johannez, you just described my case, I also started everything for a company analytics, with the same age, weight and stress, we go a photocopy of your case.Now I am 38 years old, and if you have been told that you are type 1, sooner or later you will have to use insulin, like you thought it was different but over the years you are approaching what ofThe majority of people with type 1 diabetes if you have some doubts and I can help you, we are here.greetings!

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/09/2018 11:17 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Thank you very much @"fer", if I'm learning little by little with the forum;)

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 11:19 a.m.

Well, we are all the same ... well to see how I evolve, more than anything I believe that what I last is doing well, because if I fly from my doctors I was snacking Maria cookies and eating rice and all this without insulin ..I see it!Thanks for your opinions!

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 11:21 a.m.

Welcome @"Johannez" makes me funny that your endocrine does not give importance to the theme of stress !!

Tell your endocrine to spend a day through this forum or that only a little bit will be reported and you will realize that 99 not to say 99% of people who debut in an age strip between 20 and 40 years (Above -abajo) it was after stressful periods for reason x in our lives.Obviously there is a genetic predisposition but the same without that stress period would have only stayed in that, in the predisposition.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/09/2018 11:58 a.m.

I think that ... but since we are not doctors, our opinion serves little ... Thank you!;)

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 12:04 p.m.

Hello!
I believe how the rest, that if you have positive antibodies they will end up destroying beta cells (type1 diabetes), I hope you last the honeymoon a lot!Although when you get insulin you will be able to eat everything by calculating the hydrates.

Stress is sure to influence, as many other diseases influence, although I just don't think there has to be a predisposition and other environmental factors, and in the end the sum of everything will trigger it ... and on the other hand liveWithout stress in our society seems almost impossible to me

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/09/2018 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Thank you very much, eating everything is not my mission, in fact I am not sweet or anything like that, so I find it quite comfortable what I am eating since before I did the same more or less.

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 1:05 p.m.

With everything I referred to complex hydrates from rice, pasta, legumes, potatoes, etc., because I have read that you only drink vegetable hydrates and fruits.But of course with what you are well still doing it;)
I am also thin and I need to put that kind of hydrates in my diet because otherwise I lose weight very easily.I am not to eat sweets or eat for anxiety, there are days that I would like to have only a salad, or a yogurt, but I would stay in my bones.In fact, seasons take hydrate milkshakes to gain weight.

All the best!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/09/2018 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

If good also as nuts and potato also, not in large quantities but the thing.Well let's see how we evolve ... Thank you @"maritxu22"

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/09/2018 1:30 p.m.

Johannez said:
I am new in this forum,

I am 33 years old and diagnosed 4 months ago type 1. I did some analysis by the mutual work and my glucose left 180 but they did not give it more importance ...

Good, you have debuted how I 47 years ago, with 47 years, I did a mere control of tired and bingo control, I was awarded from here I recommend you read a lot and inform you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2018 12:54 p.m.

Hello!Thank you so much!That is what I am doing and too much information in a short time, but little by little!Everyone at the beginning already gave you medication!?Or on the honeymoon nothing is needed ...!?

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/11/2018 3:07 p.m.

Hello @"Johannez" I on my honeymoon only Lantus, and once another novorapid.For my endocrine after four years I remain on a honeymoon and I am putting 4-6-4 fast and 16 slow with 5.9 hemo.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/12/2018 8:58 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Hello!
I still debut 4 months ago and positive antibodies plus slow evolution ... from the first day Lantus, according to my endocrine, not to exhaust my insulin reserves and extend the honeymoon.Although now I am also quickly depends on the moment, although very rarely.
Good luck and a lot of encouragement!

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
05/13/2018 5:32 p.m.

Hello!
I also debut 4 I do with negative atycrum I have 35 and mine according to the medical is also of slow evolution 1.5 with Reba 0.78 I Useful Toujeo 9 Only at night my hemo first 10.1 The last one a week ago 5.4

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/13/2018 6:54 p.m.

I supposedly continue in honeymoon, I don't take anything, for now I restricted the carbohydrates not all ... and I have quite stable glucose throughout the day, encourage @"ursula" !!And thanks!@"Rocio36" Congratulations on the last hemo !!It's great!:)

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/13/2018 11:26 p.m.

Thank you Johannez here is for what can help you

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/16/2018 11:38 a.m.

Hello, from the diagnosis of my son 6 months passed and began to use NPH once a day, two months later twice and at three months or four their glycemic values ​​were increasing, so they changed to Lantus and quickly beforeEach meal.When he was without insulin, he was very restricted, so that he does not rise and the honeymoon will last a lot, and when he started with the fast he started eating almost everything, before the diagnosis of Bananas and I had not given him more ...When I bought bananas I will not forget his face while he comed.
I cross the fingers to last the honeymoon a lot.
When this ends the glycemic values ​​are not that stable, you will know how you react to meals, it should be noted at the beginning, but keep in mind that in life with diabetes it is never 2+2 = 4, fundamental feeding plan, exercises exercisesand diabetological education.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
05/17/2018 4:12 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello!!I feel very identified.They detected it with 34 years in pregnancy.It turns out that gestational diabetes was not just that ... it had antibodies and little pancreatic reserve.So far (removed from pregnancies) they have been dealing with diet and metformin.Obviously I know that a day will come when the honeymoon will end and pray to spend a lot of time since now that I am again pregnant I have to put insulin yes or yes.They told me that it would be diabetes of slow evolution, Lada or 1.5, it has different names.Take the opportunity to take care that at least for me not to depend on insulin all this time has been a gift.

Zate's profile photo
Zate
05/21/2018 1:11 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.