Lantus and Novorapid

david leon's profile photo   05/05/2018 1:24 p.m.

I understood that the same units of Lantus and Novorapid should be used in 24 hours, that is ... if I shed 40 of Lantus the sum of the novorapid in 24 hours should be 40. Can someone tell me if this is true?Thanks in advance

david leon's profile photo
david leon
05/05/2018 1:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetes are not mathematics.If you get 40u in Lantus you don't have to get 40u de Novorapid, much less, you will have to put on the novorapid you need according to your carbohydrate intake and your daily physical or work activity.I say the same with the Lantus, they can give you a guideline of 40 units and according to your activity going up or down.But all this consults your endocrin@ or nursing@ educator@ who is the one who should have explained it to you or that is what I would have liked to explain to me.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/05/2018 1:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At all that is true!You will have to put the insulin necessary to stay in normoglycemia as long as possible following healthy eating.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/05/2018 1:47 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I join the comments that have previously made: that is not true at all.In Díbetes nothing is formulas and you do not have to put on the same slow insulin as fast, but what you really need of each of them.Sometimes the amounts will be similar and in other people very different ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/06/2018 8:29 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

That is not true, it is a guideline that the endocrine/educators use to see if you are far from basal or bolos, that is, there are people who have the basal very low and do not know because when they put on many bowling throughout theday they cover it.And vice versa, you can go very basal and be eating without putting bolus, so you would be covering with basal what corresponds to the bolus.I thought that this pattern was used only for what we carry the pump, because what you are going to feathers, I understand that you calculate the basal depending on how you get up in the morning .... it is still a mathematical formula that makes themTo them the easiest life when analyzing our data ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/07/2018 5:02 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.