{'en': 'Lantus insulin, do I get adequate doses?doubts', 'es': 'Insulina Lantus, me pongo dosis adecuadas ? dudas'} Image

Lantus insulin, do I get adequate doses?doubts

Karpiazo's profile photo   05/21/2019 9:38 a.m.

Hi there,

I have been as a type 1 diabetic and I continue with some lagoons on topics, one of the things that the head eats is the administration of slow insulin, today I put 38 units at 22:00, I rarely dawnBelow 130, I do not know if to upload more doses to try to fall on an empty stomach .... What confuses me is that after dinner for example at 2 hours I have 113, and I wake up with 170 !!!

I will try not to eat bread at night and thus avoid those data on an empty stomach ... I suppose you will be thinking why not go to the endocrine and etc, I have gone and unfortunately in the 5 consultations that I have gone with the doctor of howTo count hydrates I have left almost knowing the same as when I entered, they do not finish explaining well and are a sea of ​​doubts that at most you can be in the consultation half an hour and even the next appointment it passes quietly 2 and a half months ... my hemoglobin alwaysIt is the same with 6% that is within a good range, making a little one of everything is:

How to know how much slow to me?I don't think it is enough to upload many units ...

Thanks in advance!

Karpiazo's profile photo
Karpiazo
05/21/2019 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you just get slow?Hemoglobin is very good, so you have very good control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2019 11:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No, I also get novorapid

Karpiazo's profile photo
Karpiazo
05/21/2019 11:09 p.m.

It might have dawn.
You can upload 2 units for three days and see if it goes down.
For the day are you well between hours?
If you are stable, do not climb Lantus, reduce the hydrates of the night.There are foods that are processed later and the effects of Novorapid go up, it may also be that at night your body is slower with digestion.

You can ask for an insulin change, I changed myself to Toujeo last year and I do better than Lantus or Levemir.
Lantus does not cover 24 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2019 7:41 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello again, I forgive me confused what I am slow to at night is the toujeo, they changed it long ago

Karpiazo's profile photo
Karpiazo
05/24/2019 1:08 p.m.

You can go up
One in a unit, until you wake up with less than 150.
Wait three days for change.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2019 8:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.