{'en': 'Bad glucometer?Or do I have diabetes?', 'es': '¿Glucometro mal? o ¿tengo diabetes?'} Image

Bad glucometer?Or do I have diabetes?

sad's profile photo   05/30/2019 3 p.m.

Hello,

I have no diabetes to know, but I am very worried about having it (my father is).

I measure my glucose with a speech once a week, but I got out this week (yesterday) 140 and then in the blood analysis of a week ago 80.

Could I develop diabetes in a week or is it broken?

Thank you!

sad's profile photo
sad
05/30/2019 3 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glucometers can have an error of up to 15%.And the analysis is done on an empty stomach, after meals it gives higher values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2019 5:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
glucometers can have an error of up to 15%.And the analysis is done on an empty stomach, after meals it gives higher values.

I went fasting

sad's profile photo
sad
05/30/2019 5:34 p.m.

I mean the glycometer reading., anyway, with such fair values, a glucometer for diagnosis does not work.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2019 6:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The glucometer will be fine.To people who do not have diabetes when they also raise glycemia, of course it is immediately regulated because their pancreas works well.
Get an fasting test with the glucometer.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/30/2019 9:47 p.m.

regina said:
I mean the glycometer reading., anyway, with such fair values, a glucometer for diagnosis does not work.

And what can I do because in the analysis last week I got 80 (I have not eaten very well this week) and now a hundred and peak, another analysis?

sad's profile photo
sad
05/30/2019 9:59 p.m.

@Sad proves several days to fast the blood glucose, but if in the analytics everything did not obsess well.Keep in mind that even if you took a test with the same drop of blood at the same time in two different glucometers, different values ​​would come out.Having diabetic parents does not mean that you are going to be.

sil's profile photo
sil
05/30/2019 10:15 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

You would be surprised to see how much gluconometers can fail.It is quite common and to some extent dangerous if you don't know or can corroborate.I use two, and I try two and up to three.I also use their calibration

sad said:
hello, I have no diabetes that knows but I am very worried about having it (my father is).I measure the glocusa with a speech once a week but I got out this week (yesterday) 140 and then in the blood analysis of a week ago 80. It can develop diabetes in one week or is broken? Thank you

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
06/17/2019 5:31 a.m.

Diegoa said:
would surprise you to see how much the glucometers can fail.It is quite common and to some extent dangerous if you don't know or can corroborate.I use two, and I try two and up to three.I also use their calibration

sad said:
hello, I have no diabetes that knows but I am very worried about having it (my father is).I measure the glocusa with a speech once a week but I got out this week (yesterday) 140 and then in the blood analysis of a week ago 80. It can develop diabetes in one week or is broken? Thank you

How do you do calibration?I am new and I am lost.

anlica240404's profile photo
anlica240404
04/28/2020 2:16 p.m.

You can get a glucosylated hemoglobin, it is an analytical one that your doctor asks you, it gives you how you have been in the last 90 days.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/28/2020 2:41 p.m.

@Alica240404 In the glucometers, formerly, strips and control solutions came to perform these checks, I do not know if today that continues to happen, in any case, get on the website of the manufacturer of your glucometer and look for it.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/28/2020 4:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Sad When I debuted with diabetes, I had absolutely all symptoms.

Every person as they have told you have ups and downs, it is not a linear graph of 80 and point.

If you worry, you ask for an HBA1C analysis (glycosylated hemoglobin) indicating that you have your father who is diabetic.

I also tell you that hereditary diabetes is that of type 2, not type 1.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
04/28/2020 6:26 p.m.

Indeed type 2 diabetes if it is hereditary, but with the proviso that often jumps to someone, that is, your father is, but you may not become, but your children or someone from your family (sisters/os)They can, you can help you controlling food, exercise, etc., the worst thing is to be sedentary and poorly controlled food.

match53's profile photo
match53
05/03/2020 8:42 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.