{'en': 'My daughter Melanie is 6 years old was diagnosed 6 months ago type 1 and here we are adapting ...', 'es': 'Mi hija Melanie tiene 6 años fue diagnosticada hace 6 meses tipo 1 y acá estamos adaptándonos...'} Image

My daughter Melanie is 6 years old was diagnosed 6 months ago type 1 and here we are adapting ...

Elaine S's profile photo   05/18/2018 4:56 p.m.

Just yesterday the results of the last analyzes that were performed and its glycosylated hemoglobin is high, this has given me an incredible downturn I feel disoriented, because we strive a lot to be good and she also cooperates, but then this comes out and notI understand...

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/18/2018 4:56 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

You will have to raise insulin doses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2018 5:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
will have to upload insulin doses.

Thanks regina, do you mean slow or both?

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/18/2018 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

It depends on whether it is high after meals or between hours.Give us more data (how much it usually has before eating and at 2 hours or when you read in the morning and we will try to guide you)

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/18/2018 5:48 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Elaine S" Levemir usually does not cover well 24 hours a day.Many people put it in 2 shots distributed in the morning and afternoon.Talk to your endocrin@ and advise you on this.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/18/2018 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

True what @"sigsauer" siga says, we end up putting it in 2 times.At 8 in the morning and 8 at night

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/18/2018 7:41 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

dalu said:
depends on whether it is high after meals or between hours.Give us more data (how much it usually has before eating and at 2 hours or when you read in the morning and we will try to guide you)
When this high is lifted (that is, about 200 and less than 300) and I apply to let it beFrom each meal it also goes up, that is to say with breakfast I apply the fast and you lower it, but before lunch it is high again, in a range of 200 to 270 or so.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/18/2018 8:42 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

sigsauer said:
@"elaine s" The Levemir usually does not cover well 24 hours a day.Many people put it in 2 shots distributed in the morning and afternoon.Talk to your endocrin@ and advise you on this .-

Thanks for that info, I have been thinking that the slow may not be doing your function well, I will review that part with the endo.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/18/2018 8:43 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

He lacks slow, you have to go up until he wakes up well ..
And the Levemir is usually put twice, as they tell you., Although in young children it may not be with one.
There are other slow insulins (, Lantus, Toujeo,) that are only put once a day.Tell her with the endo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2018 10:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My child is 2 years old and 2 weeks ago we changed to a bomb, but we previously improved a lot putting it in 2 times.Do not be afraid of making changes.The only thing you will give you even more pending when you do them

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/18/2018 11:55 p.m.

Thank you very much Dalu and Regina help me a lot.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/19/2018 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

Hello @"elaine s" keep in mind the slow one and wait three days, those are the recommendations given by diabetologists, so you are progressively seeing as it reacts, and make a change at the same time, xq if you make two changes together notYou will know which one worked or not.First you can try the slow until it dawns with good values, and then you will see if you also need to upload the fast one. Segume my experience!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
05/20/2018 11:17 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

If you want, tell the values ​​that you have before eating and at 2 hours and also what time the high peaks give.And with that we will help you more.I have only been in this adventure for 10 months, I have a lot to learn, but I have read Michisimo, I have studied a lot how insulin and meals acts in my child and I think I have acquired a lotI think something can help you.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/21/2018 12:52 a.m.

dani76 said:
hello @"elaine s" keep in mind going up the slow one and wait three days, those are the recommendations given by diabetologists, so you are progressively seeing how it reacts, and doOne change at the same time, because if you make two changes together you will not know which one worked or what not.First you can try the slow until it dawns with good values, and then you will see if you also need to upload the fast one. Segume my experience!
I indeed uploaded the dose of the slow and I have seen improvement in the values ​​during the day, because the rapid with the amounts that I have been supplying has worked for me, which I continue to manage it only in the morning (Levemir) because tomorrow I will go to theendocrinologist and I am going to ask if I can get divided (tomorrow and night) because it is only eventually that it wakes up a little.Thanks a lot!

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/22/2018 4 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

dalu said:
If you want, tell the values ​​you have before eating and at 2 hours and also what time the high peaks give.And with that we will help you more.I have only been in this adventure for 10 months, I have a lot to learn, but I have read Michisimo, I have studied a lot how insulin and meals acts in my child and I think I have acquired a lotI think something can help you.

Finally I am providing more than slow and have improved the values ​​before the meals I see it from 140 to 180 (this after having its snack in the morning) but if, before dinner I still find it in the 200 sometimes becauseIt usually has 2 snacks in the afternoon because it gives you a lot of appetite because it is in the afternoon school, if you have a perfect suggestion, I have also survived investigating everything I can to learn about the condition because it is actually very complex.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/22/2018 4:05 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

If at 2 hours of meals you have good values, you have no choice but to gradually go up the slow.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/22/2018 6:21 p.m.

If you only click on the main meals and the snacks make them without fast it is difficult to get high to dinner.I can think of 3 options:
- You upload the slowly so that the snacks do not upload much with the problem that the day that does not eat or if it does more than normal it is a hiccup (it does not seem good solution, I would not do this)
- You get fast for snacks with the problem of adding extra punctures
- You give it snacks without hydrates or with very little: cheese, nutThere are many very rich) ... I think the latter could be a good option, you save punctures, the girl is not hungry and affects little glucose.

Anyway 140-180 before meals is still high, you will have to continue adjusting.First you have to see if it is high after eating or goes up later.If it is after eating it is a lack of fast, if it is well after eating but later it goes up it is a lack of slow.

You have to learn little by little, do not overwhelm because if you have been short and it is normal to cost you.That your doctor or educator shows you to make insulin settings and get a booth a table of hydrates and at first it weighs everything and calculates with the table, because by eye it takes a lot of practice to calculate well.In the forum there is some very good table that almost all food comes to you.And if you put fixed doses quickly you will have to give it the same amounts of hydrate every day.When you are controlling it well you can adjust your doses and you can give you what you want but at first the easiest is usually always giving it the same amounts of hydrate.Several foods but that add the same rations of hydrate.And weigh everything because things with a lot of hydrate with a little more or less that you give it a lot changes the thing.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/22/2018 6:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Do not despair.

nuriaporta's profile photo
nuriaporta
01/02/2019 6:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.