{'en': 'What is the best time to do sports?', 'es': '¿Cual es la mejor hora para hacer de deporte?'} Image

What is the best time to do sports?

Jota's profile photo   05/22/2018 11:19 a.m.

Hello everyone.

My physical exercise is not too remarkable (1 hour and peak walking almost every day), but a doubt arises:

When is exercise or sport more recommended in general?: Mornings, before lunch or late-night?

Or is perhaps indifferent?

Thank you.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
05/22/2018 11:19 a.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Intense exercise is not recommended before sleeping.The rest, because it is recommended for each person to come well, there is no indication for all people the same.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/22/2018 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

You will have to see it, according to the amount of exercise and if there are hypos later.
What is recommended that it is always at the same time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2018 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the contributions.

I was also thinking about the effectiveness of weight, for example.That is, perhaps in the morning we consume less calories and after lunch, more.So maybe physical activity is more "necessary" after lunch.I don't know.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
05/23/2018 7:54 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

While you do digestion, you better not exercise strong...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2018 8:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If your daily routine and work allow you, I would prefer in the morning.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/24/2018 4:14 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

I think it depends on each one.In general I would tell you that with active fast insulin it is not a good idea to play sports.In my case it is crazy because they give me hypos.Without fast insulin it is quite indifferent, it affects me similar.For my schedules I do it late in the afternoon but on vacation or weekends I have tried at other times and I do not notice differences.But there will be people who notice it.I think there is no answer to that question, it will depend on each person.So it is best to try and see what best suits your particular case if you can choose time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/24/2018 4:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In my case it is better to do it in the afternoon because it is when glucose tends me to the discharge so as they have already said, it depends on each person.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/24/2018 11:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, the schedule and intensity will depend on you and your eating habits and routines.For example, where I live the ideal would be in the mornings but for work it becomes quite difficult, so and the afternoon is also complicated a bit because the family is etc.So I have basically flexible my routines to do them as allowed by the schedule.If I can leave in the middle of the morning I put about two or three hours of bicycle, as I feel.In that case breakfast well and carry snacks and energy drink to hydrate.If I leave after lunch, because I may have a moderate to light, just a little cardio.That keeps me the metabolism awake.In the afternoon if that day grabs my exercise routine, because I do it as a walk.I do the same when I swim, Time Swimming 15 to 20 minutes to a comfortable, enough step.Strong food breakfast or lunch.Light dinner. My glucose before and after the routine from time to time.So I know my body reactions according to the intensity of exercise and make my adjustments in the food.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/02/2018 2:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If they take Humalog.Do not exercise after taking it.On the other hand, you can try not to take it and exercise.Thus you can know how your exercise lowers glucose naturally, you can lower the dose of Humalog.So you know your natural reactions.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/04/2018 5:24 p.m.

While we exercise what kind of food can we carry to avoid declines ???
I go for a walk an hour and a half and I get the levels down, but taking basal insulin, I am afraid to have a straw and I have no experience.The little I have tried has already given me down and I had to stop.
Thank you

susal's profile photo
susal
12/23/2018 8:39 p.m.

@Susal I usually wear a small backpack with my "pots" to monitor control, I also carry sugar and glucose gel, sometimes I take water and even glucagon, but that depends on the time and effort that will do.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/23/2018 8:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.