{'en': 'Make bread at home?', 'es': 'Hacer pan en casa?'} Image

Make bread at home?

POTI's profile photo   05/22/2018 3:23 p.m.

Good afternoon.

What has been worse from my newly diagnosed diabetes is not being able to take all the bread I would like, I know that it will never be like that, but I would like to look for some option.

I am seeing the diabalance bread and does not seem to look bad.

Are anyone taking it?

Do you really notice that it doesn't give so much peak?

How about the taste?

I am also considering buying a bakery and making the bread.

What do you think?

Thank you so much!

POTI's profile photo
POTI
05/22/2018 3:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not tried him, but as you say it does not look bad, the opinion of the people is that it is harder than the normal mold bread.Try it and decide;From what I have read, it has approx.Half of HC that a normal bread, 25%, and a slice can bring you only about 5 gr of HC according to my calculations.Another option you have is to do it at your home with a mixture of linen flour (0% HC) and integral flour, there are many tutorials on YouTube, and you vary the proportion of the two flours depending on the HC you want to have and of theSabor, I have tried 50% of each flour and it is not bad, I use it above all to take sandwiches to the mountains, but eye, it does not look like normal bread, perhaps more than the rye, so I advise you toMoment do not buy a bakery until you see, you can do it by hand as I do until you decide.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/22/2018 5:34 p.m.

You can eat normal bread.Buy it in a bakery where you know that it is made natural, flour, water, yeast and salt.Weights, calculate hydrates and voila.
Díabalance's bread I have tried is not bad.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/22/2018 6:45 p.m.

Thank you very much Runing50.I think I will try the Themomix some recipe like the one you say.
Thank you so much

POTI's profile photo
POTI
05/22/2018 7:56 p.m.

@"Poti", it's always better to make your bread.I use a bakery and it is the maximum!A very good one can cost you 130 euros.Bread or cake is infinitely better than conventional.Greetings."/>

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/22/2018 8:07 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Anaisabel, thanks for writing.Where I live I have few options to get that bread easily, anyway my interest is to be able to eat more bread, obviously with less glycemic load.I still have to get used to HC.
Thanks for writing

POTI's profile photo
POTI
05/23/2018 10:25 a.m.

@"Solaria" thanks for writing.The truth is that making your own bread is always more reliable than the one you buy out there, especially being able to test different flours and see how each mixture feels.In addition there is the subjective issue, do it and it seems that you eat it more "satisfied"
If I decide I will ask you for recipes if you don't mind

>: D <

POTI's profile photo
POTI
05/23/2018 10:29 a.m.

@"Poti", I make bread and cake and I have divine, for breakfast and dinner, so I use the machine.I gladly help you in what I can, but my recipes will not help you because my bread is with gluten -free flours and lactose.Try the bakery, it will give you many joys and it is very easy and fast.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/23/2018 10:50 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

You can buy Diabalance products, visit your page and make the order;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/23/2018 10:43 p.m.

Hello.
I have started buying the diabalance mold bread for breakfast and avoiding breakfast peaks and is working very well.Before I took a slice of Orooweat and it was 1.5 portions and now I can take two slices and it is 1r.As I drink coffee alone, those are the only hydrates that I take to breakfast and rarely goes from 130. What is true is that it is not so good, if you play it and you put butter, oil or tomato or something, it is very good, to eat it only because it is a bit brown but hey, now I do it for pregnancy to maintain a very stable glucose with a low standard deviation.
I looked to buy it online and shipping costs are very high, I buy it in the Alcampo that costs me 1.8 euros the package and that's it.Also in Alcampo they also sell cookies and other Diabalance products.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/24/2018 3:14 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@Anaisabel, @erpla.Thanks for commenting.I have asked Diabalance of some things, to see how.In Córdoba there is no Alcampo, I will see if I can get it in physical store.I will try to make bread with integral flour of force mixing with some flour without hydrates, to see without something half decent.I will also try the Diabalance dairy drink, to see if "give the hit."
Thanks for writing.

POTI's profile photo
POTI
05/24/2018 4:35 p.m.

On the same Diabalance page there is a section of "physical stores" where you are looking for them by postal code.I had to go to a large supermarket because the one in my area put me a poker face when I went to ask, although it appeared on the Diabalance page as a distributor ....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/24/2018 4:43 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.