Totally disoriented

Dalu's profile photo   05/22/2018 5:41 p.m.

I am more lost than ever, I don't understand absolutely anything.My child had excess diarrhea and vomiting last Friday and then has 4 days with a peanut per day but very soft and yellow.Well, we have 3 days that in the morning you do not need any insulin, we are with a bomb and spend about 6 hours without absolutely nothing insulin, the suspended basal and breakfast and eat without putting insulin and even so we have to give it something between hoursBecause it makes hypoglycemia, then the afternoon arrives and sticks a high to 300 that we have to be corrected.Would anyone know what could be due?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/22/2018 5:41 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

It will be a problem of digestion and absorption of meals during these days if you have gastroenteritis.If it is a virus, it will happen in a few days.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2018 1:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have read that gluten intolerance can cause hypoglycemia.I am with a huge fear.My child already has enough with diabetes, I hope it is not also celiac

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/23/2018 12:08 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

If he suddenly began vomiting and diarrhea, it will be a gastroenteritis.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2018 12:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks @"Regina" for tranquility

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/23/2018 1:08 p.m.

@"Dalu", I assure you that Celiac does not affect glycemia.What I tell you is that celiac is a multisystemic disease, it can affect many organs and study with many very varied symptoms, some very diffuse.Some suffer diarrhea and vomiting, and this, if it can affect glycemia.Most likely, your child has had a gastroenteritis, I hope it is already better.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/23/2018 4:42 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

It seems that it is a virus, because the older brother is now the same.But he still needs very little insulin in the morning, practically nothing and in the afternoon we already control him but putting much more insulin than the one he needed.It seems so strange that it seems that in the morning it is as if I had no diabetes and in the afternoon and night if

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/24/2018 11:16 p.m.

Hi Dalu, with my son I lived a similar situation.Vomitò at dawn only once, a lot, in the morning when waking his glycemia it was similar to the usual, we applied 3U fast as usual, and in less than two hours it was in 45, very scrapped, lying, we were until theSeven in the afternoon trying to overcome it, we made Coca Cola, candies, had lunch without insulin, a giant scare !!!My son ate well, but also controlled the ketones, this lasted less than one day, in the case of your child it seems to be viral and more with the spread of the older brother.Your son eats?Or isn't he hungry?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
05/26/2018 4:26 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Well, little by little it is normalized even if it is a little breakdown even when eating, but virus has to be because my father has also fallen.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/26/2018 10:10 a.m.

@"Dalu", with this diabetes you never stop learning.I was just 3 days hospitalized.For a viral process in 2 hours I vomited to bad thoughts.I went to the hospital and arrived without dehydration, in good condition.What I learned is that you can have ketones +++ with good glycemias.So I recommend that if there is vomit they go to the hospital.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/26/2018 12:23 p.m.

We return to the barges 2 weeks later, again diarrhea, next week they will see us.At the moment they have told us that we are removed lactose, which after a strong gastroenteritis the intestine sometimes has a temporary intolerance to lactose.The truth, that has not convinced me what they have told us.Do you think it can be like that?At least glycemia have not been miscariated as the last time

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
06/08/2018 12:06 a.m.

Yes, it can be., But he ends up healing

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2018 1:20 a.m.

Ask if you can give you a probiotic.They usually come good to recover the intestine.Normally after a gastroenteritis it takes to cure a season.
And well I don't know milk, but as a precaution you can try to see if it is good not to take it a season as they have told you.Milk is usually difficult to digest normally even if you are not intolerant.It is better when fermented as yogurt or kefir that are also prebiotic and help recover the intestinal flora.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/08/2018 8:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Dalu", after gastroenteritis the stomach is very delicate.And yes, you can have a temporary lactose intolerance.
Do not give the child any dairy, although on the label he says without lactose, depending on the damage always affects.
There are also many products, including pills that carry lactose as excipients and harm.Greetings and do not worry, if this is, in a few days he will return to normal.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/08/2018 1:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.