Diabetes and cortisone

Ruthbia's profile photo   06/01/2018 8:25 a.m.

Hello everyone
I have to take 15 days cortisona and the doctor told me that a little affected glycemia levels.
I started yesterday.1 pill every 12 hours.

I got up scared 334mg/dl !!!!Since debuting in 2015 I had not seen a 300 in my measures.
The little thing .... anyway ...

Obviously I have to raise the doses of insulins, are any additional advice apart from more insulin and send the Cortisona Paseo?

I have to say that the cortisone has done its effect.I have recovered smell.I've been working for me for 8 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2018 8:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have never taken cortisone but if they give you those peaks I would correct quickly a couple of days and see what is happening.I see in your firm that you use the free so you can easily see if it goes up to all hours and if so you can increase the slow one.But therefore corrections quickly.It is a roll but good if they are just 15 days it is acceptable.With caution of lowering it one day before leaving the medication you can do well.And even if you are with some lack of control, nothing happens, they will be a few days and then regulate it again.If the medication is coming well, I would not leave it for the lack of control of glucose.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/01/2018 9:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a" is an impossible mission.I have 11 fast, when I use 3 at breakfast and remain in 245mg/dl;I also put myself more slowly at breakfast to reinforce 4 units (I use 10 night and 2 ud more at noon ... I have the free free orange of how high it is.

I'm going to leave the cortisone ... It is totally incompatible with diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2018 12:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you have to use cortisone you just have to be more pending and correct.The slow if you modify it until a few days do not see their effects.
No problem.15 days will pass and you will return to normal :)
And don't think so much about the numbers, live the day to day that you overwhelm you right away and this is for a lifetime

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/01/2018 2:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Ruthbia" told me the doctor who affected a little at glycemia levels. a little glycemia affects a person without diabetes but a barbarity, that man had to give the Nobel Prize in Medicine !!

A few years ago I had a motorcycle accident and in the mutual they gave me a cortisone chute in my ass, I spent 3 days until I had the average controlled glycemia ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/01/2018 3:36 p.m.

This is @"sigsauer", a lot goes up.
I took for seven days.At first another medicine was chosen to be diabetic, but inflammation was not lowered (inside the eye) and I had to take corticosteroids.The problem was solved and the glycemia returned to normal.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/01/2018 3:47 p.m.

Well, I leave it definitely.Not low from 250. I have 20 units of rapid insulin, it's 4:30 in the afternoon, I have had breakfast at 7:00 and I haven't eaten yet.

Go shit *** a;I will continue without smell for life ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2018 4:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What dose are the pills?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2018 5:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning, Reto thread.
Yesterday I have been prescribed for 60 mg in the morning.
Last night I decided to get from 40 Unit from Tresiba to 50.
And from 15 Unit de Humalog at 20.
I woke up at 400, and I have not had breakfast.
My question is: I'm going to the Emergency?
I puncture more units of Humalog?
I have to take the prednisone 20 days, and it is yes or yes, because if not, again ambulance and oxygen because I drown.
What did you do?

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
02/14/2024 9:02 a.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

Good morning, in January I took cortisone due to eare problems and it was a disaster, I thought to stop taking it, 370 and 380 peaks, I insulin for a tube almost at the end I manage to control it a little, but I already tell you putting myself three or four timesMore insulin I mean the rapid, the slow one I also climbed it but only a few points, because after finishing the treatment I still continued to raise blood glucose so after about fifteen days I started being better, I have already returned to normal levels, take care of yourself.

Algameca's profile photo
Algameca
02/14/2024 11:02 a.m.

@Algameca, thank you very much.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
02/15/2024 12:37 p.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

Hi Ruthbia,

Incredible because I am the same as you, without smell for many years and newly operated with nasal polyps and with cortisone.I have been higher than ever for 3 weeks and with huge amounts of insulin .... The worst thing is that I have a triad of polyps, aspirin intolerance, ibuprofen etc and a bit of asthma .... in addition to type diabetes type1 We are adding other things that if it is already difficult to control glucose ..... Well, I still recovering from the operation in the Clinic of Barcelona and even with 20 grams of prednisolone.The good news is that they have finally authorized a very expensive biological medication for this.But I think they must have operated before as a requirement .... I hope you are better !!

Hector's profile photo
Hector
02/18/2024 12:35 p.m.

Thanks @Hector I put this thread years ago but now I am much better, Dymista use.It is nasal that carries antiestminic in addition to floticone to reduce the mucosa.
They do not want to operate from the Polypes or pins because they are diabetic, so, only medications.
Since I use Dymista I already perceives smells

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/18/2024 1:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @ruthbia,

My mother, if you get emails with old messages .... I don't understand.

Thank you very much for the info about Dymista, it seems very interesting, I will try it.I have lived an odyssey with the issue of polyps, with two operations already .....

I will start with a pump and closed handle, androidaps and I hope to improve glucose soon also after many years with type 1 diabetes.

Encouragement !!

Hector's profile photo
Hector
02/18/2024 1:36 p.m.

hector said:
hello @ruthbia,

My mother, if you get emails with old messages .... I don't understand.

Thank you very much for the info about Dymista, it seems very interesting, I will try it.I have lived an odyssey with the issue of polyps, with two operations already .....

I will start with a pump and closed handle, androidaps and I hope to improve glucose soon also after many years with type 1 diabetes.

Encouragement !!

Here are all the messages in the threads.If they are recent, the date is seen, if it does not appear, you have to press a while in the square that comes to the right of the name of the one who writes and the date comes out.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/18/2024 3:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I am going through the same theme of corticosteroids by a pharmacodermia.My doctor explains that the corticoid affects the postprandial and it is so.It was rapting for example, between 140 and 180 I correct with 0.5 of Fiasp now with 4, to that I add the ch and every 3 days 2 u of toujeo.I could also not make my food and fiber feed.The Corti hits very badly but there are moments that are not there.But the VD see values ​​of 350 from my debut I did not have.Obviously, being able to resume normal feeding, whole wheat bread, legumes, etc. was all improving.8 days of panic that does not help glycemia either.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/25/2024 2:40 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

I see that the thread reopens Vane, and I hope that the proportions to control glycemia are found.
I also took corticosteroids 1 day for an inflammation of ear and I left it.It was impossible to lower glycemia, it seemed that you click water instead of insulin.
I just hope you don't need corticosteroids again.
Much encouragement vane, and if at the end of the treatment you tell us how to face it in case we ever have others

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
02/25/2024 2:56 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

The relationship between diabetes and the use of cortisone (also known as corticosteroids) is complex.Corticosteroids are commonly prescribed medications for a variety of inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, allergies, among others.However, they can increase blood glucose levels and hinder sugar control in people with diabetes.

Here are some ways in which corticosteroids can affect people with diabetes:

Increased blood glucose: corticosteroids can increase blood glucose levels by interfering with the body's ability to use insulin effectively and by stimulating glucose production in the liver.

Insulin resistance: Corticosteroids can cause insulin resistance, which means that cells do not respond properly to insulin, leading to an increase in blood glucose levels.

Suppression of the immune response: although they can be useful for treating inflammation associated with certain autoimmune diseases, suppression of the immune system by corticosteroids can increase the risk of infections, which in turn can negatively affect diabetes control.

Changes in appetite and weight: some people experience an increase in appetite and changes in weight when they take corticosteroids, which can affect the control of diabetes if it is not properly handled.

It is important that people with diabetes who need to take corticosteroids work in close collaboration with their medical team to control their diabetes while taking these medications.This may involve adjustments in diabetes medication, changes in diet and lifestyle, and a more frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels.In addition, it is essential to follow the doctor's recommendations on the duration and dose of corticosteroids to minimize the impact on diabetes control.

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
02/25/2024 5:45 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

sigsauer said:
@"ruthbia" The doctor told me a little at glycemia levels. a little glycemia affects a person without diabetes but a barbarity, that man had to give the Nobel Prize in Medicine !!

A few years ago I had a motorcycle accident and in the mutual they gave me a cortisone chute in my ass, I spent 3 days until I had the average controlled glycemia ...

I take hydroaltesone every day, and it will have to be so until the end since I suffer from Addison, my body does not generate cortisol.
And I don't notice anything when I take it, I take 15mg in the morning and 5 in the afternoon, and my glucose levels are not altered, not if it is a lighter corticosteroid, but I have no spikes or anything.

diabético19's profile photo
diabético19
02/26/2024 4:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.