When do you consider that the pills have failed?

Toño Palacio's profile photo   06/10/2018 10:51 a.m.

Good morning.I have been diagnosed with diagnostic diabetes and treating it with metformin (2 daily pills of 1000/50) and at first it was relatively easy to maintain good fasting levels between 110 and 130 (with some days of moderate climbs), butFor two or three months there is no way to get out of 140, no matter how much I take care of the diet and that I have an hour almost every day of walking at a high pace.

I have an appointment with the endocrine in a month, but the truth is that I am restless.For your experiences, are continued values ​​of between 135 and 155 every day on an empty stomach?Will you mean that the pills are not enough to me and they will go to the injected insulin?And if that were so, is that jump dramatic?

Thanks and cordial greetings.

Toño Palacio's profile photo
Toño Palacio
06/10/2018 10:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Fuense:
Those values ​​that indicate (fasting to 135-155 mg/dl) begin to worry a little and that is why, according to your endocrine criteria, they will pass you to insulin (first once a day in addition to the pills as until now).
Do not worry about the drama of change, because you will have become accustomed before a week.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/10/2018 12:48 p.m.

I less spent insulin two weeks ago because I had the HG in 9.4.I took Jentadueto and they have taken it away, now 10 of slow insulin ... and a meal diary
Now controlling me even more but it was before I had no reactive strips daily like now.

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
06/10/2018 3:25 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answers.I will be mentalizing.
Kind regards.

Toño Palacio's profile photo
Toño Palacio
06/11/2018 1:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.