{'en': 'Insulin resistance', 'es': 'Resistencia a la insulina'} Image

Insulin resistance

Deivid's profile photo   06/10/2018 12:09 p.m.

Hello,

I am new in the forum but I want to tell you a question that has worried me.I am 24 years old and I debuted with 19, I have always had good control and currently I have 6.1 glycosilada.

The fact is that although the first year had square controls of 80 before eating and 140 postpondrial, it is now more uncontrolled.

To start I need much more insulin, last week my nurse was scared because I told her that I used rapid insulin 3ui for each ration of hydrates at breakfast and 2UI for lunch and dinner, because I am a young and not obese person.

In addition, I have a cheap insulin, I start to take effect at three hours and not at two as she tells me.

In general I need much more insulin and many times not to finish in high peaks I wear a little more and at three hours I take half a glass of juice and it already puts me in 90 glycemia.

My concern is whether these insulin needs are gradually going up and if they happen to others or only to me, he does not want to see me with 40 years having to prick me half insulin boli every time I eat.

Thank you!

Deivid's profile photo
Deivid
06/10/2018 12:09 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 19 años (2013)
Última glicosilada: 6,1

I personally now get much less insulin than when I was younger, it is also true that as less and that I am better controlled.Do not scare yourself, the insulin/HC ratio in each person is different and it may be that you are happening a viral process or anything else that makes you a little more insulin resistant.What slow insulin do you use?You may need to upload it.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/10/2018 12:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have been about a year like that, I do not blame any disease, use 18ui from Tresiba and half a year ago I used 16. Now because of the last basal ones I am having, I am considering going up to 19

Deivid's profile photo
Deivid
06/10/2018 1:03 p.m.

Put on what you need, do you reduce hydrates, you will need less
If you had resistance, would you also have it slowly ... How fast do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2018 1:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of rapid use Humalog, another thing that happens to me and that I do not give an explanation, especially in the afternoon after eating, I am at 90, I put my insulin, lunch and at two hours can be 160. So far everythingWell, and one would think that at four o'More, and if the hypoglycemia comes I take half a glass of juice because if I would not always be with high blood glucose and I don't want that.
Normal I put 15 units of Humalog in Deayuno, 20 in lunch and 15 at dinner.

Deivid's profile photo
Deivid
06/10/2018 2:50 p.m.

Isn't it that what you lack is slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2018 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would tell you that you lack slowly and that for your age is changing something in metabolism and you make the slower digestions with what the fast does not cover you all digestion.(It also lasts 2 and a half hours according to days and another 3 hours)
It can also be transitory, last a few days and then return to your previous routine.
Try to change food with less paste or rice hydrates and more vegetables, it usually works in those days, when digging faster they enter within 2 and a half hours of the rapid.

I would not change the slow if once in normal values ​​it does not move until the next meal and you also get up well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/11/2018 7:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What @"ruthbia" tells you is a good solution, in periods of insulin resistance you can change rapid absorption hydrates such as rice, potatoes, some fruits (not all) or pasta, for others of slower absorption.Keep in mind that these resistance periods will surely have them throughout your life from time to time and randomly, depending on how stable your illness is (now you are at a fairly unstable age), I also help me doing sportsmore intensive and in 2 or 3 days I have solved it.In summary, and now it occurs, you have 3 ways that we have mentioned to stop the problem: increasing insulin, restricting rapid absorption hydrates and exercising and/or combining several of these methods at the same time if the problem is persistent.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/11/2018 8:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have resistance you should have the two insulins, fast and slow.I tell you my case, I pass in 10 years of 7/8 novorapida to 10/12 and from Lantus from 28/29 to 36/37 currently.What the endocrine has detected is that I am in a kind of "honeymoon" and that my needs at night are not the same as for the day.Being the insulins of action rather "flat" on the one hand I am short and on the other I do not arrive.At the moment and following its protocol I have been changing and testing insulins for a year and valuing the pump, since this being so, I do not cover with the usual insulins, even varying the amount of hydrates to be ingested.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/17/2018 3:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.