{'en': 'Problems in Murcia with the Medtronic insulin bomb', 'es': 'Problemas en Murcia con la Bomba de Insulina de Medtronic'} Image

Problems in Murcia with the Medtronic insulin bomb

IreneCJ's profile photo   06/16/2018 9:45 a.m.

For those who live in Murcia, the removal of fungible supplies of the Medtronic Insulin pump is being approved.

That is why I want it to be known and we can fight before we cannot use our bombs more, after so much personal struggle to control the diabetes of more than 300 users of this pump that has generated good control.

We must fight so that they do not take our health !!

IreneCJ's profile photo
IreneCJ
06/16/2018 9:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Today they have informed me that in September we are removed all the Medtronic bombs, to put a brand that nobody knows and in Spain nobody uses it ... or we do something in Murcia or we have a problem, they play with our health.

Full's profile photo
Full
06/29/2018 2:48 p.m.

Both Medtronic, and the one they now give, is the same or as it is said vulgarly is the same M ***, devices that its effectiveness is not 100%, when it does not give battery problems, it is blocked or gives error with the fear ofIf the bun will be insufflated or not, they are the catheters, that without going into more details.Like everything that is available in the market is the same or similar, this is done as with almost everything (lancet, needles, gluconometers/strips, etc.) the best bidder or best commission is assigned and not in need or well -beingof the patient, which cares little, since if so, the requirement in the requirements to the contest would be others that made the laboratories, pharmaceuticals and brands invested in an evolution in the development of doubting products and will not settle for their formatthat update in finishing details and little else.Where are all those diabetico associations both Ade, Adirmu and Fede that do not publicly and institutionally known, this sanitary damage and do not report it socially?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2018 5:44 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well, it will surely be more of the same, but when the endocrine or know the brand, when in Spain there is neither a bomb of that brand, nor fungible material, nor lancetas ... the problems are seen coming.It is clear that someone has to reduce costs, but if it is true the savings they have told me that they have (€ 1/patient) it seems that there is more than an interest ... as you say, the requirements to pharmacists are not for aBetter health control, but monetary and personal based on playing with our health.And yes, diabetic associations are expected to denounce these problems, for that they are supposed to be, to fight for the rights of diabetics.We will try to fight it so that they do not change them without any information.

Full's profile photo
Full
06/29/2018 10:19 p.m.

But that is not the problem, the problem is that those of us who carry those pumps in particular, which I can tell you that we are more than 300 people in Murcia, may, like me, have a stability of glycemia that we have achievedWith this pump.The fact of changing the infusion system, learning again, adapting, making the transition from one pump with different insulins, is difficult and can lead to problems in our health, and we may not even get the control we carry now.I think you should not play with our health in this way and we have to act now.I hope to join a large enough group of people who know this problem before it is carried out.

IreneCJ's profile photo
IreneCJ
06/30/2018 5:52 p.m.

Let's see are not bombs that nobody knows at all.Medtronic has been left out of the contest and sincerely Medtronic is a bomb that gives a lot of problems both in supply and repairs and software problems and in batteries.
The bombs that have entered have been Accucchek Insight that is known to remainhouse can update software.
The Tandem is precisely a bomb that is a pump luxury with predictive stop already approved with Dexcom G6, and with a great soft future that we will see.We talk about the best glucose meter that exists and with great advances.
If you can find out about the Tandem and ask for it because the market will revolutionize, in addition Novalab is the laboratory behind it, a laboratory that has never left users as it has happened with others, which has left thrown so much in continuous measurementas in bombs.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/14/2018 2:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Forgive me forgot to put the other bomb that enters Murcia is the ypsopump
Link
There you have the characteristics.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/16/2018 9:05 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Surely I have not much idea about bombs, nor do I know them very well, but the latter, in the final resolution they give it technical score 27 points and 52.59 in economic score, while that of Roche is given 40 in technique and 13.23 in economics, which makes me think that one is better than another but the economic one ... to others that I have neither page in Spanish nor is there a lot of information because it makes you think ... I would not like them to try with us if they are going well to save themselvesA euros, which is sure not bad, but it gives to think,.

Full's profile photo
Full
07/16/2018 11:56 p.m.

full said:
I surely have no idea about bombs, nor do I know them very well, but the latter, in the final resolution they give it technical score 27 points and 52.59 in economic score, whileRoche's give him 40 in technique and 13.23 in economics, which makes me think that one is better than another but the economic one ... to others that he does not have a page in Spanish or there is much information because it makes you think ..I would not like them to try with us if they are going well to save a euros, which surely is not bad, but it gives to think,
>

I imagine that you mention the new bomb, I have only heard of it by forums since it does not.And that of Medtronic?How many problems has given so many people?Let's go the number 1 pump in problems.

You have the insight and the Tandem in addition.What is clear that it cannot be that they put such high prices because it has been the one that has the most people because they started very strong, because it has not been for the continuous deceptions that users have had as happened when they began to sell the continuous measurementWith an annual contract, or the continuous bubbles that almost everyone comes out and say that it is becauseThey have left users without pump or MCG that after having paid they have not sent their supplies.

It cannot be that they take us for the pito del serene and that they play as well as us, that the pants had been lowered more than is good that we are numbers, they believe they can control the market and thank God the competition exists.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/17/2018 1:13 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I do not say that the new bombs are bad, I have been investigating and they are basic bombs of good quality, but they do not have certain functions such as those of Medtronic.The new Medtronic Pumps carry a prediction and detention program of hypoglycemia that stop infusion when you are going to have hypoglycemia.This technology is not found in any other bomb and I do not think it is a good solution to remove them because there are certain people, as is my case, that they may need it.
About the errors and technical problems of the Medtronic Bomb, say that all insulin bombs have problems in some model and in some cases.In my case, every time I have had problems with Medtronic have solved it quickly.Other bombs also have these errors, for example, Roche's bomb currently has an leak alert in reservoirs ...
That is not why the supply of a bomb that many patients has been very good and has helped us should be eliminated.

IreneCJ's profile photo
IreneCJ
07/17/2018 4:56 p.m.

Irenecj said:
I do not say that the new pumps are bad, I have been investigating and are basic bombs of good quality, but they do not have certain functions such as Medtronic.The new Medtronic Pumps carry a prediction and detention program of hypoglycemia that stop infusion when you are going to have hypoglycemia.This technology is not found in any other bomb and I do not think it is a good solution to remove them because there are certain people, as is my case, that they may need it.
About the errors and technical problems of the Medtronic Bomb, say that all insulin bombs have problems in some model and in some cases.In my case, every time I have had problems with Medtronic have solved it quickly.Other bombs also have these errors, for example, Roche's bomb currently has an leak alert in reservoirs ...
That is not why the supply of a pump that many patients have been very good and has helped us.

Well I differ in what you say the animas Vibe does not have those problems or out there.With what you say about the new Medtronic 670 that will make a closed loop because the truth with all the problems that I do not know if I would trust, and the bombs change them every 4 or 5 years, that is, because the new 670 does not come outIt means that everyone will have it.
Also referring to this the Tandem is the only bomb with update Soft from home by the user, it comes with G5 and as soon as the G6 arrives, people can update it without having to change the bombs which is a great benefit for users and hospitals becauseThe bomb is updated without having to change it, Novalab's technical service has nothing to do with Medtronic, I do not know a single person that Novalab has failed him and see that I move through the networks, it is not the same case with MedtronicIn addition to the continuous deceptions to which users are subjected.The Tandem is already in very advanced studies with G6 to make a closed loop, that is, with the most reliable glucose meter, the MCG they use in the best US hospitals to study people who have diabetes.
Well, it is clear that the competition exists, we are many users who carry a bomb and so that public health can continue to give us the service if those who are uploaded to the parra have to be left out.
The MCG do not subsidize them all because there is no money, the bombs if because not everyone wants them, if we all would like to take them away.He thinks that we are a rather large expense for health and I think that so that they continue giving us the service if they should focus, and we cannot speak badly of the new bomb but we know it, if it were so bad it will leave the competitions, and it is notthat he believes that it will not happen but will be implemented in more regions for what I have read of it.Medtronic has to change its policy in every way that is not good at all.
They remove Medtronic but they give you the option of the Tandem a bomb that hits a thousand kicks in all the senses to Medtronic.That they are spied and so is the market of supply and demand.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/17/2018 10:45 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Irenecj said:
I do not say that the new pumps are bad, I have been investigating and are basic bombs of good quality, but they do not have certain functions such as Medtronic.The new Medtronic Pumps carry a prediction and detention program of hypoglycemia that stop infusion when you are going to have hypoglycemia.This technology is not found in any other bomb and I do not think it is a good solution to remove them because there are certain people, as is my case, that they may need it.
That is not why the supply of a pump that many patients have been very good and has helped us.
Sorry Irene sent me a private telling me this: "Irene says: Medtronic bombs carry a prediction and detention of hypoglycemia that stop infusion when you are going to have hypoglycemia, you commented that before the end of the year the tandem will be updated byThe user and will have a predictive stop, right? "

This is Irene Medtronic is not the only bomb that does that of having a predictive stop, it is more the tandem can be updated later and make the famous closed loop.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/18/2018 10:05 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Without being a bomb user I agree with what @"jconegar" says.If there were no competition and contests were taken from time to time where the brands play it, the systems would not improve.And on the topic bombs it is necessary to improve a lot to make it very reliable and practical to carry.They are still very large pots, which sometimes fail, you have to carry the catheter that I see a nuisance ... if Meditronic wants to win the contests that put the batteries and improve its bombs.
The only thing I would like to point out is that everyone who wants bomb puts it at least in some communities.In Castilla y León it is not easy to put it on you.I personally do not want it but I know people who have been asking for a long time and do not put it on.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/18/2018 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
without being a bomb user I agree with what @"jconegar" says.If there were no competition and contests were taken from time to time where the brands play it, the systems would not improve.And on the topic bombs it is necessary to improve a lot to make it very reliable and practical to carry.They are still very large pots, which sometimes fail, you have to carry the catheter that I see a nuisance ... if Meditronic wants to win the contests that put the batteries and improve its bombs.
The only thing I would like to point out is that everyone who wants bomb puts it at least in some communities.In Castilla y León it is not easy to put it on you.I personally do not want it but I know people who have been asking for a long time and do not put it on.

You are right there is CCAA that it is complicated that they put it on you, it is more in some of them they put them to find a pregnancy and then leave them for a while, after that they take it off and enter the waiting list, for me a great cruelty than aWoman adapts to the pump better controls her diabetes and then they take it off, that is no longer a number is to be people without a heart.

What is very bad for me is that all Spaniards are not the same before the law since we all have the same rights and depend on where you live to have more rights or less, or to be able to opt for more or less.

It would be great that they gave everything one wanted but precisely in Murcia they have not done as in other autonomous communities where they marry only a bomb, they take away Medtronic but leave other bombs with different characteristics, my question would also be because I do not know,Can the user choose?who decides which one to put?, it is clear that one of the three stands out by characteristics and the other two are not bad.Medtronic cannot say that its price has been more expensive because it invests a lot in training, it is better to invest in fixing all the problems that cause their bombs and do not have supplies problems that have harmed so many users, something that neither Roche nor Novalabever caused.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/18/2018 12:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@"JCONEGAR" totally agree, the issue of health by communities is a disaster.I think it should never have done, we should all have the same rights and coverage.Besides that if you change your community you have to make a new card, you lose your story ... They make no sense.Each community has its own card system, medical history, electronic recipe ... That in addition to generating inequalities among Spaniards makes it much more expensive.Developing these systems costs a paston and keeping them too and each community has paid it when you could have paid only one for everyone.Imagine the money that could have been used in other things.I am that every time I go to the health center or to the hospital I get bad watching the things that are done wrong and the money that is wasted.And then they deny us the financing of the MCG or the bombs because there is no money ...

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/18/2018 4:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a", I like it, because you can't put two;))
I also agree to have differentiated health by communities, it generates more than problems and double expenses.And I do not tell you when you have to live between two communities, as happened to my daughter, a fat problem with cards, supplies, medical stories etc.
Health should be unified throughout the country and have all the same rights and systems. It would be much easier and more just for patients.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/22/2018 10:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, a question.
I live in Murcia and I use the Medtronic 640g, but I am in Muface and the bomb supplies me asisa.It is known if in this case they would also change it to me?Thank you so much

Antonio Rosa Hernández's profile photo
Antonio Rosa Hernández
01/07/2019 10:51 p.m.

Antonio Rosa Hernández said:
Hello, a question.
I live in Murcia and I use the Medtronic 640g, but I am in Muface and the bomb supplies me asisa.It is known if in this case they would also change it to me?Thank you very much

The health concert is with public health, you depend on your doctors from Adisa.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/08/2019 11:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
Antonio Rosa Hernández said:
Hello, a question.
I live in Murcia and I use the Medtronic 640g, but I am in Muface and the bomb supplies me asisa.It is known if in this case they would also change it to me?Thank you very much

The health concert is with public health, you depend on your adisa doctors.

Thank you!I suppose it, it was in case someone knew some of new agreements.

Antonio Rosa Hernández's profile photo
Antonio Rosa Hernández
01/21/2019 11:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.