{'en': 'Insulin research in pills', 'es': 'Investigación sobre insulina en píldoras'} Image

Insulin research in pills

siulgonzalez's profile photo   06/26/2018 11:11 p.m.

Another little hope to avoid punctures.As usually happens, even in the laboratory.Nor is it about generating expectations.

diabetics depend on insulin that have to be injected daily, but a new method based on pills and that has not yet been tested in people, could change the way the patients maintain blood sugar levels, according to astudy published today pnas.

The oral administration of insulin can not only improve the quality of life of the more than 40 million people suffering from type 1 diabetes in the world, but could mitigate many of the side effects of the disease, according to the university teamHarvard who has developed the method.

Injection insulin therapy normally maintains glucose levels in order, but many people do not have a good adherence to treatment, either by phobia to the needles or why it interferes with its usual activities, according to the study director, Samir Mitragotri.

The new approach developed by the equipment is to carry insulin in an ionic fluid composed of hill.

It is, according to a university statement, of a "biocompatible, easy to produce and can be stored up to two months at room temperature without degrading."

Insulin must navigate a challenging obstacle career before it can be effectively absorbed by the bloodstream, Mitragotri explained.

The oral ingestion of insulin, indicates the note, would reproduce more accurately the way in which a healthy pancreas produces and manages to the liver.

The team now wants to perform more tests with animals on the formulation of the compound, as well as toxicological studies and long -term bioavailability.

In the event that everything takes place without problems, scientists hope that you achieve approval for possible clinical trials with people to be easier because the hill and the garanic acid are already considered safe.

Source: Link

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
06/26/2018 11:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have the impression that treatments are improving as we need them. They are gradually, but there are continuous advances.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/27/2018 12:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Taking into account that the injectable insulins that we use since prehistoric times have only evolved in their manner of administration and concentrate to give it "more" reliability, but there is still the handicap of calculation and waiting time units and waiting time, in addition to the inexplicable aspectsthat make one day a different effect to another, etc. .. etc ... etc ... It costs a lot to believe that suddenly comes out or made public a news of such a nature and social effect.Everything in life has its time and phase of evolution, less in type 1 diabetes, which we go from being with feathers or pumps to cure us with a vaccine that they have created in Lourdes, an miraculous insulin pill that is not known suddenlyIt is about to be reality, etc ... We pass from black to white directly (or so they want to sell us) jumping the entire intermediate scale of blow, with what objective?.Whoever wants to be fooled is in his right, but skinny, he will do himself, like all this type of publications and news that emerge from nothing.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/27/2018 11:05 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hard to believe .. I don't know any hormone that is not injected.

As "@Luvi" says a pill or 25 will not prevent us from continuing with control, downturn, control by rations, files x ....

That they strive to find a cure!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/27/2018 2 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Or that in the same insulin release device came integrated something that made it free it depending on the blood glucose level .....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/27/2018 3:38 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

If the cure was so easy .... vital cells destroyed ...
What I celebrate are the continuous improvements of the treatments, from the laser for retinopathy to the diabetic foot stem cells, through renal transplants and treatments for the improvement of control
And what I am like most is the medication that seems to reduce the amount of glucose that is associated with cells.That would be one of the best treatments.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/27/2018 9:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The bad thing is that there is no single diabetic mouse in the world and they have nothing to test.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/27/2018 11:02 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

regina said:
I have the impression that treatments are improving as we need them. They are gradually void, but there are continuous advances.

I believe that treatments are getting worse.Not only there are no advances but we are gradually backward.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/28/2018 2:33 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do not think it goes back in studies with diabetes, my impression is that everything that is tested, fails in some way and options are discarded.
They only manage to advance and media and diagnosis.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2018 8:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

aaandres said:
The bad thing is that there is no single diabetic mouse in the world and they have what to test.

:))

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
06/28/2018 11:50 p.m.

ruthbia said:
hard to believe .. I don't know any hormone that is not injected.

As "@Luvi" says a pill or 25 will not prevent us from continuing with control, downturn, control by rations, files x ....

If there are oral hormones, thyroxine and melatonin that you remember now.Oral insulin ... ha.
I was a young "debutante" back in 1980, and a "promising studio" on snake insulin came to my hands, capable of resisting passing through the stomach.Have you seen it?Me neither.
And now the good part: how did a hyper correct?Two pastillitas and now?
I translate from the study of the study: (I will not pay it for whole Leero)
in vivo, insulin-cage demonstrated exception
In vivo, insulin-cage demonstrated exceptional pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties after administration Yeyunal in rats.
If you have to skip the esophagus, stomach and duodenum, we take it raw.I would not like a cannula in my jejuno ...
And another very good:
Conflict of Interest Statement: S.M.is an inventor on patents on ionic liquids for oral delivery and a share of liquidon.
Come on, this guy is dedicated to trying everything to see if with any success and swells to sell to the pharmaceutical industry.He will not continue to investigate insulin with that of things that are to be investigated.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/01/2018 11:23 a.m.

I read it in the press.Whether or not, when these things announce, at best, that is, if it works with the desired result, it would still take the treatment for diabetics between 15 and 20 years.

I imagine that pharmaceuticals would put the capsules at the price of gold, and the SS would not like spending and would only cover it in children and special cases.With which, it would not be for all type 1 diabetics.

It may be pessimistic, but I think it would be seen as seen.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/01/2018 5:03 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

I see many gaps to this.Even assuming that something that resists the stomach acids, how do you calculate the dose?I think if it is achieved, which will be within a few years as soon if everything goes well, it will be thinking of type 2 with a fixed dose to the slow day.I think that for type 1 the issue of dosing is quite complicated.It would also be to do if you produce a stomach problem.I would certainly prove it until they passed a few years and the effect was seen.For me the punctures are quite bearable, I am more concerned with other things.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/02/2018 9:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The same thing happens to me @"Yesssica_a" The punctures is what costs me less of all this.

@"Ruthbia" There are hormones that are administered via Orla, I take the thyroxine for ej every morning but I see it more complicated, we will see to see.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/02/2018 10:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I all the hormones that I have put on are of animal and injected origin.I thought there was not in pill.

I am with @"Yesssica_a" we will have to wait for many years of use to measure side effects and the dose issue I see it difficult.Surely he crushes the stomach.I took metformin 5 days and left my stomach fatally in addition to the pain.Luckily they immediately told me diabetes 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2018 11:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I agree with Luvi, perhaps in 200 years some idea come up with some idea that can be brought to fruition and have enough money to start and finish the investigation, but today as a lot of noise is said and few nuts and few nuts.... I mean I do not say that I am not trying but the cure does not believe anything else is tryingthat at first doctors said it was ineffective because not medium sugar in blood only intestitial) and now the social security begins to cover, that if some others do not.regrettable.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/08/2018 noon

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.