Insulin on the plane

Bungo96's profile photo   06/28/2018 12:43 a.m.

Good night, this weekend I travel to the US to work for three months and I have to take all the necessary medication for those days.I carry medical reports, insulin recipes, food and everything necessary for hand luggage.I wanted to ask you if you have ever put you to travel with too much insulin, needles etc.In my case I carry six boxes (3 Novorapid and 3 of Lantus) and a glucagon.To this I have to add 14 boxes of reactive strips and 6 boxes of needles (which I will surely put in the suitcase so that I do not have control problems ...) I do not know, it seems to me that with so much medication they will tell me something since IIt occupies the entire backpack, although after all it is necessary to be 3 months.Greetings and waiting for your experiences :)

Bungo96's profile photo
Bungo96
06/28/2018 12:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I am new in the forum, I want to tell you that I work from Gruero on a natural gas platform, I travel to New Orleans every two months, I bring me a lot of Ovoraip and Toujeo feathers with the medical recipe of the header doctor and neverThey put me problems, the company never sends me for the same aero -uers, never tube problems, I hope to have you helped, greetings to everyone

francisco javier's profile photo
francisco javier
06/28/2018 7:14 a.m.

Well, no problem.They have never asked me or certificates.
For China I took an official translation just in case and I didn't need it.There it takes me everything in case but in the USA I do not take more than a replacement in case the pen in use fails.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2018 7:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, to go to Italy 7 years ago I took three insus boxes and I had to teach them at the airport because they saw that there was a lot of liquid.When I told them that it was insulin, they did not ask for the report or anything.But come on, they can ask you perfectly.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
06/28/2018 9:41 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"Bungo96", welcome to the forum.
I frequently pass through American airports and have never asked me about insulin and etc ... and I have been quantity for two months and more, providing world catastrophe.
The food, if it is tuppers, that if they see it.
Greetings and that goes well.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/28/2018 6:47 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I have never had problems, I have not taken so much quantity, yes, but I do not think they put on and less carrying everything in writing.What they do not let you put is food, although sugar envelopes for example left me.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/28/2018 9:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you very much for your attention!I go calmer to the trip now the truth ^^

Bungo96's profile photo
Bungo96
06/29/2018 12:28 p.m.

Hello @"Bungo96" although I have seen that you have already given you several good recommendations, some links happened to you in case you want to take into account for the trip.;)

Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2018 12:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.