{'en': 'Does glucose go up if we have a cold?', 'es': '¿Glucosa sube si tenemos resfriado?'} Image

Does glucose go up if we have a cold?

DiegoA's profile photo   07/09/2018 9:34 a.m.

Good to all.

Today after an fasting glucose, in 120, the night I gave myself a luxury of taking 4 ounces of malt and a cream of cream I had a normal breakfast.A pancake, coffee and drink without sugar.

I've been super controlled for months.The issue is that glucose shot at 190 after that breakfast.

I took my metformin pill and at lunchtime I had dropped to my levels, 91, after lunch came up again, this time something normal 140, but I was feeling chills and fever.

I did not take any medication or drank anything sugary.We had dinner late.I took the pill and lay down.At this time I have the sugar in 138, and I am definitely cold.

Is it normal for sugar to rise when one is sick?

It is the only thing that occurs to me.I also have been without physical activity for three days, but my levels were excellent.

Greetings,

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/09/2018 9:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When you are sick, glucose goes up.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/09/2018 1:25 p.m.

Thank you.I suspected it, but other opinions are always welcome.What is the physiological explanation wrapped in this process?If anyone knows

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/09/2018 5:42 p.m.

It is a problem limitation problem.When you are sick, the cells are busy fighting that disease and limit the entry of any "thing" inside (such as the glucose of the food ingested).As little glucose enters inside the cells, we feel tired and it accumulates in the blood.
Then we see the result, and blood glucose is high.

mamarvazq
07/09/2018 9:12 p.m.

So.It is normal even in the non -diabetic if Wnferma

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/09/2018 9:56 p.m.

The same thing happens in the non -diabetic, but blood glucose does not rise because its insulin (beta cells) solves it.

mamarvazq
07/10/2018 12:36 p.m.

So will it be necessary to increase insulin dose to compensate for that problem?

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/10/2018 10:40 p.m.

As you can see, you can quickly correct punctual increases.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2018 10:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well.I've been quickly using months ago.They changed me to pills.But I think that in this case it happens again, it will be what it does.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/11/2018 2 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.