{'en': "Hi, I'm Alex's Pope", 'es': 'Hola soy el papa de Alex'} Image

Hi, I'm Alex's Pope

Pepeluis77's profile photo   07/13/2018 5:45 p.m.

Hello everyone,

One more Pope with this complicated and increasingly common DM1 in a 3 -year -old boy who has debuted a month ago, who arrives at this forum to learn and participate.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
07/13/2018 5:45 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Well welcome I hope you learn many things for that warrior

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
07/13/2018 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you, because one does not know what this disease is well until it touches you ...

Pepeluis77
07/14/2018 1:12 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/14/2018 3:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome and a lot of encouragement.At first everything is seen black, it seems that your life falls into a backless hole, but over time you go from that hole and happiness returns to your life.Yesterday my son did with this disease and after 1 year, I can say that my son is controlled, with hemoglobins always due to debate 7 and both and the family are happy.Much encouragement, it will be a long fight, but you can with it.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/18/2018 6:54 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Welcome to the "pepeluis77" forum, I hope we can help you, ask what you need!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/18/2018 7:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, as I have always said, I will say that I would have preferred to meet us taking some reeds, I also tell you that you have come to a great forum about diabetes.

I have diabetes and I will not tell the truth that I am happy to have it, saying diabetes has to be synonymous with "fighting", or what is the same fighter or warrior as they have told you.Our brain is in continuous learning process because this book really has no end.

I have diabetes for more than 33 years, my first glyc was 6.7 and after a lot of formation with it to have quite acceptable figures with excellent glycos and very good controls.

I will always say that we have to fight, that we will fall and that we will have to get up with more force.

Potatoes are a fundamental basis for children to be great fighters, they must have dreams, dreams that you will think they are nonsense, but you have to help fight and not stop, it is very important.

They say that having diabetes does not limit things, this is debatable because we have certain jobs, but in the rest we can like others, that will cost us much more, it will cost us horrors but the simple fact of thinking about doingSomething complicated satisfies us more and when we get it it is a satisfaction that can be multiplied x 5 referring to a person who does not have diabetes.

Diabetes gets along with a great formation, with insulin, with sport that can complicate control if there is no training and with a diet that allows us to eat everything having training, look at the time formation is repeated.

Diabetes are not mathematics, twice that the same thing happens, glucose figures do not have to be the same, give advice of how many insulin units put, or what amount of HC take particularly I think it is nonsense, for that there are the doctors that are the doctors that are the doctors who are the doctors who are the doctorsThey are the ones who know us, you will understand why I say this.

And for everything else a big hug and do not hesitate to ask and tell us why things that you think have to know do not have to be like that.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2018 midnight

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much to everyone, for your comments and encouragement that is needed so much at the moment ...

I take this opportunity to ask if you exist or know a book (manual type to put it in some way), where they explain well how to take diabetes in young children, because the more information I have and the more I read, the more doubts and contradictions I have, and it is overwhelming, so I have thought that if I focus on a good book to go consult, I will at least have all this information in an orderly manner.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77
07/20/2018 1:43 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Well, I don't know any of any, perhaps the endocrine can recommend some children oriented.In any case, diabetes is a disease in which, however much you know there are always things that are not going to square you, the so -called X files. And also each person is a world and what works for one does not work.In addition, your child will be on the honeymoon yet and as his body produces insulin, everything is sometimes more complicated.
I believe that what you can do is make your own book with what you learn and what your child works, what the endocrine, its controls, what it eats, insulin dose, etc.At first it helps aim everything and then analyze what happened.Anyway, he tries not to overwhelm you much with this because it is a slow learning that is mostly based on knowing how your body reacts to what you are doing and that is not done overnight.Go learning little by little about different foods and how glucose rises, the effect of different insulins, exercise, tricks that people use to eat certain foods (such as those who combine a lot of fat and a lot of hydrate), etc.Of everything you read go by pointing out what you see most important and you have it as a consultation book for when you have doubts.Over time you will have everything in your head and it will be easier.Above all do not overwhelm because it is a lot of information and it takes to learn.

Here you have material to read, there is something that fits what you are looking for:

Link

Also if you are looking for a little on Google you will find a lot of blogs of people with diabetes or parents of children with diabetes who put a lot of information that can also help you (here you have a lot grouped by categories Link in social networks on Facebook there are enough diabetes groups where doubts are shared.You can look for "diabetes" and you see if anyone seems interesting to you.In English if you manage with the language, there are many too.And on Instagram there are enough people who share their day to day and learn a lot from them, the same looks for diabetes and you see.

And then you have the famous table that we all have that is very useful to count hydrates:

Link

I have it stuck in the fridge to consult from time to time.Over time you know you by heart but it is always good to have it for foods that you don't eat very often forgotten.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/20/2018 2:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much Yesics,

From the table I have copies at home around the world (grandparents, uncles, friends ...) and then I forget the swinging when I am going to eat ... everything will be used to this new life.

Pepeluis77
07/20/2018 4:06 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

What I do is what @"yesssica_a" has told you, I have created a template in which I point out everything.Insulin that administer, portions of Hids, glucose levels, what it eats, etc.And then I analyze it.I attach a template in case it helps you

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/20/2018 7:56 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

You will see strange insulin figures, we have been with a bomb for 2 months and it is somewhat different from the feathers and the slow one is not used

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/20/2018 7:57 p.m.

Thank you so much ;)

Pepeluis77
07/20/2018 11:15 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

They have already told you everything important.For contributing something, and since you have asked about some book, I recommend what they gave me in the diabetological unit when my son left the newly diagnosed hospital:
"Type 1 diabetes in children, adolescents and young adults" by Dr. Hanas.
It was my head book for several months and even today I turn to him on occasion.It is from 2003 and in some things such as insulin types has already become somewhat obsolete, but in the rest (90%) it is still absolutely revealing, trainer and totally recommended.
Link

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
07/21/2018 12:21 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Hello, telling you how to encourage, your warrior can lead a perfect and successful life.Diabetes is not an impediment.My older sister debuted with 3 years and 7 months, (today has 44) at a time when there was not so much progress, and has never complained about anything.It was a great support when I had to debut to me (I did it 9 years ago, with 33) despite having lived with her all my life (grandparents, father, uncle, a cousin, my sister) it is difficult for you to assimilate it but her support was fundamental.You are not alone.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
07/22/2018 11:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Pgarcia, I will get him.

I admire people who have been with the disease for some time and have managed to control it without today's means.Every time the MCG sensor fails, panicly.

Pepeluis77
07/23/2018 2:56 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.