{'en': "I don't understand this roller coaster!", 'es': 'No entiendo esta Montaña Rusa!'} Image

I don't understand this roller coaster!

Pepeluis77's profile photo   07/13/2018 5:58 p.m.

I have read all the advice ... :)
I have thought that perhaps if you get less fast in meals, even if it is a little high (150-160) I would get to the next meal.
For breakfast I have tried everything.Now I put the insulin and I wait 30 min to breakfast and so metabolism and medication matches me.(There are days that fails but few)
I like your child: cookies .... ñan, ñan :) Do not give me protein that is not milk that another eats it.
You can buy insulin needles in the pharmacy and put 0.5UD of Levemir.I have used this product and it lasted about 16 hours, in children I suppose it lasts longer.
At night give him right before sleeping.They sent me at the beginning.A piece of fruit or yogurt

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/18/2018 7:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, my daughter is 5 years old and debuted 6 months ago.In the morning it behaves much better with bread than with cookies or cereals.On the other hand, for slow insulin, we started with Lantus that has 20h effect and we gave it to the snack to avoid the anti alba effect.Soon we changed to Levemir in the morning and at night because with Lantus we made hypos varied during the night.When we always passed us with milk that is easy to take half asleep.Now we are doing very well.The hospital nurse gave us feathers of half units and we make a trick to put the Levemir cartridge.Ask the endocrine because that is all invented.For the novorapid, with half units.Cheer up.You will surely stabilize it.

MarAguilera's profile photo
MarAguilera
07/22/2018 3:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maybe putting the basal unit in the morning would be a solution for the hypos of the night.

Aurora seg's profile photo
Aurora seg
07/22/2018 4:37 p.m.

Finally I added 1U of Levemir at dinner (20:30) following indications of the endocrine, and the truth that the post-cena peaks (00: 00-03: 00) have been corrected and mysteriously has not given any hicc: 00-8: 00 although if I was short in these hours (over 80).

By counterpart after breakfast that has also slightly improved the peak it gave him, I have to increase the mid-morning ration (about 10: 30-11: 00) and give him another about 13:00 to reach the food,without applying insulin in the latter.

Now I wonder if I can trust the night even if it only takes 4 days with basal for that of the anti-alba or it is better to try to put it in the morning.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
07/24/2018 1:42 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

How much do you sleep so that I don't go down at night?
Yes, it does not lower more than 50 units, you can leave it at night.
Yes you see that it goes down more, you can spend the morning, while covering 24 hours
Let's see what the endo tells you
Look to see what is the action curve of the Levemir, to understand it better., I think it has the greatest peak at 8 am ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2018 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Since I am putting Basal, I lie down at 23:00 between 100-120 that is when the rapid insulin of the dinner stops taking effect.From this hour it begins to rise slowly until reaching 160-180 at 01:00 (without basal it went to 300) and begins to slowly go down until 03:00 that stays over 100-120 and from here it leavesmaintaining and going down very little about 80-90 at 06:00 ...

Pepeluis77
07/24/2018 4:56 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Low from 180 to 80 ...
Maybe you stay more calm putting it in the morning ... Consult it with the endo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2018 6:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

The Levemir has an action curve at 3-4 hours or so.That is to say a little descent effect of blood glucose at 3-4 hours of injecting it.
If you change it to breakfast, it will be down tomorrow to get together with its usual physical activity.
I would leave him how the basal is and I would lie a little higher, about 160 and give him a glass with milk when he went to sleep ... Thus he will get up less just.

Children do not stop for the day, it is normal to have to do 5 or 6 intakes, more or less every 3 hours each.Adults with physical activity also eat frequently to avoid hypos.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2018 8:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

How complicated I see is that it has 2 ups and 2 descents and I don't know if this becomes normal.

When he eats he goes up and lowers him when he had finished, and rises again (I understand why the quick effect is passed) and goes back down (I understand that because of the effect of the basal) both on the food andAt dinner.Let's say that when the nap is thrown and fall asshort period.

Pepeluis77
07/25/2018 1:07 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Hi, after going today and ask my doubts, I think I have come out the same.

I told him to put basal in the morning instead of the night for that of the antialb24 hours ...) and that if they were going to give it the hypos during the day (I can understand it, if in theory it only lasts 12 hours, for the day until dinner it would only be quick then).

On the double climbs they tell me that it is normal, because it coincides with the nap and with the night and of course if you are sleeping you are at rest and that is why it goes up ... so I will follow your indications even if it does not finish being clear.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77
07/30/2018 12:28 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Well, with the night basal as you have the early morning hypos, go to bed with a glass of milk or a yogurt;The glucose will upload a little but it will get to breakfast.
The 12 -hour Levemir in children I don't know.It lasted about 16 hours for that I had 2 shots.It seems weird because children are more sensitive and the manufacturer of the Levemir says it lasts from 16 to 18 hours.

What sleeping up the glucose .... I don't know .... I have contradictory experiences.Sometimes it lowers me and sometimes it goes up according to what I have eaten or dinner.

Have you made your child the c peptide test to see your reservation?I may still have some insulin in the pancreas and that is why you have unforeseen declines.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/30/2018 12:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Peptide c ??Pues something new to aim.In the event that they were done, they did not tell me anything, although on several occasions if they have said that their pancreas still produces some insulin, so we put very few units, to which I asked if I was on a honeymoon and neither do IThey said anything, but I understand that.

Does this test have to request?Because in the next visit if I remember that glycosylated hemoglobin will do but it does not sound to me at all.Do you know how much is done?

Pepeluis77
07/30/2018 12:53 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

@ "Pepeluis77" Another bullshit that you have to listen to an endocrin@, who in the nap and at night how is he sleeping and at rest the blood glucose goes up, because I have reports and more than demonstrated than the brain activity when you are sleeping (Dreams, nightmares etc ...) has a caloric expense and at least in my case when I do some nap and many nights my glycemia "pica" down "will obviously not go down as if you were doing a marathon but theBrain consumes a lot of glucose to maintain different active body organs.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/30/2018 3:56 p.m.

Do you know what are the best endocrine?Those who agree with the patient, who after all is the one who lives day by day with insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/30/2018 5:27 p.m.

When I was with Levemir, I ended up putting it to my son 2 times a day, in the morning and at night and that is how I managed to regulate him.And when I did that I had just turned 2.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/31/2018 3:22 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.