Toujeo insulin instead of threeiba

MaraMarita's profile photo   07/25/2018 11:20 a.m.

Hello everyone.It is my first intervention in the forum and I wanted to know your experiences to those who have changed the Tresiba for Toujeo.A few days ago I had my first convulsive crisis in 23 years of diabetics 1 and it seems that I have too much insulin in the body, suddenly the three -siba lowered my sugar at night in a galloping way even without clicking quickly at night.

MaraMarita's profile photo
MaraMarita
07/25/2018 11:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, the first of all wish you that you have already happened to you!more or less stable during the day ...?I do not see what the problem is.-

I was with Tresiba and now I am with Toujeo but I changed it not for hypoglycemia but for hyperglycemia without meaning or apparent reason.In my opinion, these new insulins are more "flat" but no more "stable" and I explain myself and that is what I explained to my endocrine 1 month ago, I think they are "cumulative" insulins, (the word is an invention of mine)that is, as they have a longer duration of 24 hours they accumulate in the body and after 4.5 or 6 days depending on the genetics and activity of each person there is a period of small continued descent of blood glucose (that's why I say moreFlat, because it goes down more softly) so you need to lower the dose, you are well 3, 4 days until you notice the opposite effect, that blood glucose ascends slightly so you have to rise again the dose and thus continuously.-

Obviously it is my opinion, there are people to whom these insulins are perfectly because they have a "flat" life (without missing anyone), that is, 90% of their life get up at the same time, they follow a diet eatingAt the same time, they practice the same type of sport/ exercise at the same time etc, etc.I am not doing badly with Toujeo but I have to adjust dose because I make 3-4 types of sport and as of all.-

Sorry for the Turra but I had not written a long time.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/25/2018 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.