Serious situation with my mother

DTH113's profile photo   06/08/2019 5:44 p.m.

Cordial I greet everyone, I am Cristian a boy from Colombia, my mother was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes more than 11 years ago.

She always had sugar levels, so to speak, the glucometry sometimes in 450 or even once reaching 500, but this does not really affect this during the first 10 years.This year he had a hyperglycemic crisis, which was controlled in the hospital and gave him discharge, but the following happened, he had a 2, a 3, a 4, a 5, a 6, a 7 and today is in his 8Hyperglycemic crisis in these 6 months that have been the year.As they can imagine it is very depressed, the doctors discovered that they had type 1.5 diabetes, and changed their long -lasting glargine insulin by Detirmer, but none of this works, she takes care of her feeding in an incredible way, her due dose of insulin is applied,But nothing seems to work, when they are discharged and comes home, he has his high glucometry again.The doctors apparently say that the proper insulin is not applying or that it does not feed well, which is not true, between my brother, my father and I have seen the level with which she takes care of it.If any of you have had similar experiences or know about some, they would help me a lot with new information, if you need more detailed information, they tell me, thank you very much.

DTH113's profile photo
DTH113
06/08/2019 5:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Dth113, your mother Insulin Glargina.Now use Detemir.Both are slow insulins.Surely your mother also needs fast action insulin.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/08/2019 5:55 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@dth113, your mother use insulin glargina.Now use Detemir.Both are slow insulins.Surely your mother also needs fast action insulin.

Sorry for not giving that data, she also uses insulin of rapid action glulisine,

DTH113's profile photo
DTH113
06/08/2019 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Dth113, then change doctor.Because with both insulins it should be controlled.An endocrinologist should attend.The family can acquire diabetological education through several associations and blog.Thirst Diabetes, Diabetes Foundation.Letter diabetes.There are many options and all excellent.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/08/2019 6:11 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

They have to teach you to adjust the insulin dose, according to glucometer values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2019 9:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @dth113, your mother is injected fast insulin according to grams or rations of carbohydrates that will eat?Perhaps this is the reason why these increases give it, even if you carry a healthy eating, the vegetable and fruit also have carbohydrates that affect the glycemia and if the appropriate dose is not administered, it can cause these things.Courage 💪

sil's profile photo
sil
06/09/2019 5:28 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.