Low carbohydrate diet

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo   08/17/2018 11:45 p.m.

Hello, I am reading about studies with low carbohydrate diets to substantially improve type 2 diabetes. Any comment about it?All the best

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
08/17/2018 11:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is enough information on this topic, especially in English but there is more and more in Spanish.There are also several books.If you are interested, I can spend web and tell you books on the subject.
I would tell you that you learn everything you can on the subject and then before making the change you talk to your doctor if you take medication for diabetes.If you reduce hydrates and do not modify the medication you could have hypoglycemia.
Also that in a low hydrates diet it is important to eat many vegetables so that you do not miss nutrients.That should be the basis of your diet and then quality proteins and fats.If you are not sure how to do it, it is best to look for a good nutritionist who has experience in diabetes.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/18/2018 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I recommend the book of Dr Bernstein "Diabetes Solution" that is in English ... in Spanish you have the FB group Diabetes low in hydrates, that is not bad to start.
Of course it is worth it, I am type I and I have been since I started with glycosiladas from 5.4 to 5.7 .. and the hypos many less than before and more controllable

tigrecito's profile photo
tigrecito
08/19/2018 noon

Thanks to both I will try little by little and measuring glucose.All the best.

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
08/19/2018 12:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.