Help with free freestyle

Ylenia's profile photo   08/23/2018 5:24 p.m.

Hello good afternoon everyone, my name is Ylenia I have diabetes since the age of 13, "debut" in 2008.
A while ago I know the existence of the forum and I read you but I have never dared to comment on anything.

Today I have decided;I hope if there is someone "expert" on this subject can help me.A few months ago my endocrine gave me free freestyle and later the Dexcom.Finally and due to my budget I decided to buy free freestyle and after being on the waiting list, a few days ago I received a couple of sensors.

Today I have put a new sensor, the case is that since I carry it so far (8 hours have passed), data with capillary blood and those of the sensor are very disparate.(Freestyle marks me 50 and in capillary blood 102, or another example in the freestyle marks and in capillary 128) Is this normal?Or is the sensor damaged and is not working properly?
Has anyone happened to anyone?

I have called Abbott, to inform them and they have told me that in order to corroborate I have to be using the strips of the same brand in capillary blood, the problem is that my strips are from another brand, of Roche Laboratories.
My other question is:
Is there anyone who has been able to make claim in this regard, using reactive strips and glucometer different from those of the Abbott brand, or have you also put the same inconvenience?

Thank you so much.

Ylenia's profile photo
Ylenia
08/23/2018 5:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With these values ​​it looks like the sensor is wrong.Call again to claim it and say that you have measured your meter or in a pharmacy or health center.They told me that once when calling and the next day I called again and told them that the same thing happened to me in the pharmacy.In my case it was that when I shower I had to enter water or soap or something and gave me a peak of 400 when I was in 80-90 in blood and after a while I began to go down and was already more or less normal.After 4 days doing the same gave me mistake and stopped giving readings.When I called the first time they told me they sent me strips of the free and that I was measured in a health center or in the pharmacy when that happened.I had to lie because I was not going to leave the urgencies of the health center to make me a glucose control.When I called again I told them the value that my glucometer gave me but I told them they did to me in the pharmacy.
Anyway, the first hours of Free sometimes are not doing very well.Normally the first 24 hours there is a difference with blood.The trick is usually put on the sensor 24 hours before activating it.You leave it and at 24 hours you act.When I have 24 hours of the previous one, I put the new one and to expire the current asset the new.This usually goes well from the beginning.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/23/2018 5:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I have used the free and stop using it because I did not obtain consistency in the data.Once upon time to Abbott and they told me the same as you and they sent me a boat boat.I use yourself glucometer (I have a bomb).Now I use Dexcom G5 and I am perfect.But each one is a world and there are very happy people with Free.In my case it didn't work for me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2018 6:05 p.m.

Thank you very much @"yesssica_a" for your advice, I will wait for tomorrow and if I remain the same I will tell you that I have measured with the freestyle and see what solution they give me.For the next sensor I will try to put it and activate it a day later.

Ylenia's profile photo
Ylenia
08/23/2018 6:13 p.m.

Thanks @"Carlos71".I will try the free first and depend on how I see it, I will think if buying the Dexcom.The Dexcom tried it for a week and there was hardly any difference between capillary blood and the sensor.I hope that the same thing happens to me (let's cross my fingers).

Ylenia's profile photo
Ylenia
08/23/2018 6:18 p.m.

Be careful because when I called the last one they asked me the lot of the lot of the strips I had used, they made me wash my hands while talking to them and re -making the measure, all this to the phone, incredible come on.I would say that you have done it in the pharmacy to avoid strange things.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/23/2018 6:23 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Ylenia" Wait a couple of days, sometimes the sensor takes longer to impregnate interstitial fluid and give lower values ​​and then it seems that it begins to recover, if the 3 day remains the same, everything that all the companion have told you@s ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2018 6:39 p.m.

@"Erpla" Ok, so if I continue to say that glucose I have measured in a pharmacy and I will avoid "problems".Thank you so much

Ylenia's profile photo
Ylenia
08/23/2018 6:43 p.m.

Perfect, I will take it into account.@"SIGSAUER"

Ylenia's profile photo
Ylenia
08/23/2018 6:44 p.m.

A 50 -point uncover (up or down) has happened to me from time to time with the free sensors

As a general rule, two things can happen to you:

The first is that with the passage of the days the readings are balanced and more or less coincides with the data that the capillary gives you (ideal situation)

The second is that it continues to mark you above or below (which can happen) in this case (it has happened to me) if you consider that difference you can continue using the sensor perfectly (always doing hair tests from time to time to time to make sure youthat remains constant) that is to say that in your case, if the sensor marks you 100 you know your mentally that you are actually at 150

To avoid this kind of thing the best when it comes to putting on the sensor is as follows:

- Put the sensor but not activate it until minimum the following 24 hours

- Activate the sensor during a period of normal glucose level (at normal levels and without a tendency to rise or down, that is to say that the graph is "horizontal straight")

With these two indications the sensors work much better although you can always get out a frog:/ In this last case it is called Abott and that they send you a new one

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/24/2018 1:49 p.m.

@"Ylenia" If you put the mobile you use, I can tell you if the glymp app with which you have the option to calibrate the glymia of the free if you have a little up or down differences.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/24/2018 2 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.