{'en': 'Something is not going well.', 'es': 'Algo no va bien.'} Image

Something is not going well.

Franky's profile photo   09/01/2018 9:47 a.m.

Good morning,

I wanted to publish this issue in case someone else has happened and you can inform me that it can be or shed some light.

I am DM1 Lada type.The fact is that I put 22 units of slow insulin, Toujeo, at night.A few weeks ago it is like insulin does not make the desired effect.Before I put the same amount and woke up with values ​​of 90-120 or even a little less.Lately, I dawn with values ​​around 200 or more and I already have it high all day.For example, last night I went to bed with 159, I dawned with 199.

He had also noticed prior to this that at the beginning of a new ball the first two or three nights, does not act and from there.Is that normal?Can it be because it is recently taken from the refrigerator?

I am a little discouraged and worried because in these two years it had never happened to me.If I had climbed depending on the food but not so, that it seems that I do not inject anything.

To say that I do not get insulin yet since I had good controls and my endocrine told me to continue alone.I have the gyzed in 6.7.

Thank you very much for the work of the forum and I feel the inconvenience,
All the best!

Franky's profile photo
Franky
09/01/2018 9:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!You will need to raise the dose.Try one more unit
The new purs boli well before using it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2018 12:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok Regina, tonight I will try to upload two units.Do I purify it, do you do it every time you click or only in the first?I usually do it in all.

Thank you very much for the answer!

Franky's profile photo
Franky
09/01/2018 12:59 p.m.

Try a unit first for a few days and see how you evolve, if you see that it is still high, go another and compare ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
09/01/2018 1:44 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Yes, always purg it.
And go up one in one unit, wait three days to upload another, if you need., I don't think ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2018 1:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Insulin acts the same if you put it just taken from the refrigerator.What can happen that when injecting it it hurts.Try to take it out before and leave it at room temperature.
The needs of the body change and have to adjust doses.You don't mind raising doses, not to need more or less dose you are better or worse.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/01/2018 2:04 p.m.

Perfect!Tomorrow I tell you how, I hope to improve.Anyway, next week I will go to the endocrine and explain it to it too.

Is it possible that at first if it were fine and now I am very resistant to that insulin and need to change to another?

Thank you very much for the answers!

Franky's profile photo
Franky
09/01/2018 7:11 p.m.

No, you have only uploaded the values ​​a bit and you have to readjust doses.That happens many times.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2018 3:50 a.m.

Good morning and good news!

I have uploaded the dose as you advised me, I have dawned with 120 exact hehe.Now, I hope it remains the same every day.Just uploading two units may pass from 200 to 100?

Thanks again for help!

Franky's profile photo
Franky
09/02/2018 9:12 a.m.

Yes, it is done so.You know for again.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2018 9:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.