{'en': '25 -year -old diabetic, and some problems of hypertension and hypercholesterolemia', 'es': 'Diabético de 25 años, y algunos problemas de hipertensión e hipercolesterolemia'} Image

25 -year -old diabetic, and some problems of hypertension and hypercholesterolemia

domlub's profile photo   09/05/2018 5:33 p.m.

Good to all:

I am a boy from Madrid, diabetic since the age of 15, now I am 25. I also emerged extra cardiovascular problems at age 19 and 20 (hypertension and hypercholesterolemia) without any cause according to doctors and unrelated to diabetes.I have a normal weight for my height and I do not wear a diet with many fat or salt.

I would like this forum to help me take a better control of my diabetes (I am a real disaster) and thus could lead a healthier life.I always have good purposes but I have a hard time fulfilling them.

I try to make glucose measurements before meals but many times for hurry or shame I do not.It also costs me a lot not to eat foods that we have totally prohibited and I usually have very high blood glucose peaks.I try to do sports but it has never been good for me and I have a hard time starting in any activity.

In addition, I have never found an endocrine with which I connected well and I always ended up postponing the appointments and I usually spend a year without stepping on the consultation.

I hope to read your stories and share experiences to improve and take better care.

domlub's profile photo
domlub
09/05/2018 5:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Domlub.
The first many spirits.You will see how little by little you will manage to control your diabetes.
The first thing, you should not be ashamed to do the test before meals.I have been doing it for many years in front of the people and anything has never happened to me.You don't have to be ashamed of that and you must think that it is something you do for your health.
The second, we have no forbidden food.We can eat everything as long as we take into account the carbohydrates they contain and the insulin we need.
The third, the theme of the endocrine, I became fatal with mine at the beginning, I did not like his forms and he every time I went a anger for something that I had done wrong, that I really got right because in my time of rebellionHe did not pay attention.Until one day I decided that the first thing was me and that I had to take care of myself and that the endocrine was never going to take the anger.From that day both his and mine completely changed mine.So much so that this year the transfer was requested to another city and I cried when he told me.
With this what I want to tell you is that many times we are the ones who refuse to learn or believe that we cannot do it and it may be the opposite.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
09/05/2018 8:54 p.m.

Hi @Domlub, in principle a lot of encouragement and you will see how you get a certain stability.I am also 25 years old, and I understand that I have a thing or shame because it happened to me.What I did was change my endocrine in Madrid for some reasons and now I am delighted.But don't stop going and not being controlled.

A pleasure!

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
09/05/2018 11:24 p.m.

DM 1 - 28 años - Debut 2016

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

Hello @"mjsm"

Thank you very much for your message!You are right, I think there is a part of "selfishness" and it is important that we put ourselves and our health before everything else.As for the theme of the endocrine, what produces the most are those bronchs or the bad ways, I am already aware that I do not do everything well I should but on top of that attitude makes me more uphill to want to go or start controllingbetter...
But yes, I suppose it is a matter of putting everything on our part and dominating diabetes.

Thanks again for your message :)

domlub's profile photo
domlub
09/06/2018 12:14 a.m.

Hi @hallexx

Thanks for the message!The shame is something that costs me and that I have been with the disease for many years ...
The endocrine, yes, you are right, I now have an appointment at the end of the month and I will force myself to go ...

domlub's profile photo
domlub
09/06/2018 12:16 a.m.

Hi, I know very well about the Broncas of the endocrine and cancel appointments and how not to take care of myself.Mmm I can only tell you that mood and that I hope I would have listened to all those broncas, they are doctors that we will care to a greater or lesser extent but they are here to help us, throwing us the anger is a way that we see that we have to take care of ourselves yes or yes.We all know that the consequences of non -self -liding passes a very expensive invoice.
Try to focus on the endocrine in another way, if you are already thinking that you will throw the anger, you pass the consultations, etc.He will only harm you.
In the forum sure they help you to take better diabetes.
Courage and take care of yourself is a lutent our day to day, but more like our day to day and with complications.And the benefits of good control are immense both psychological and physical.
You know how proud I felt about myself when I pass from a hemoglobin from 15 to 5, because that I mess :))
Greetings

Jess's profile photo
Jess
09/06/2018 8:52 a.m.

Hi @Domlub!Welcome!!
I with DM1 from the age of 12 and now with 36 I understand you perfectly!I kept going to the endocrine because for me it was to go to an exam for which you have not studied, an unpleasant time and for home, Ale, for up to 6 months !!I also understand that you do not feel like giving free information about your state of health to all people, the same happens to me, I recommend that you do with freestyle, it is super discreet and at least you can see how your glycemiae walk to whatLong of the day, that's why your levels will improve a lot without any effort.I stop smoking to pay them so there are no excuses hehe.
On the other hand, either with educators in the hospi or as you can on the Internet you have to be aware of the carbohydrates you consume, it is super important and after years, we forget, today with the Internet in our pocket is notAs complicated as before.I am sure that with those two things your glucose improves exponentially and I already tell you that with a minimum effort.Of course there will be days that you do not control, if you leave the weekend because also but most of the time you will be better and that will result in better hemoglobin levels and a "congratulations" by your endocrine.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
09/06/2018 11:42 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hello, I'm from Costa Rica and I can understand you.I am 22 years old and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a month ago, I take by surprise more that I love flours and zucar in lots, but my doc has told me to forget about the sweet, my glucose was in 300 and I decompose, I reach 450.
It is uncomfortable and a little frustrating to go to activities or salt with friends for food schedules or see you with a "sick"In this and you can achieve it, we are not deprived of anything we just have to do it in moderation and complying with the rules that indicate us.
greetings and good luck, you are not alone

weird_acuarius's profile photo
weird_acuarius
09/06/2018 4:01 p.m.

It seems that some endocrine feel the obligation to throw bits.It is the only disease that happens.
It is not about fighting, but about getting a better treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/09/2018 12:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I live in Madrid and my endo is a sun.Moderate and attentive person, even helps me by email.I have never seen her scold anyone.The educators are more persistent but within an order and with a touch of humor so that the patient follows the guidelines.
Do not hesitate to change your doctor.

And before irresistible temptations ... there are truquillos.You can eat something alternative to deceive the brain.

Don't be ashamed of anything.I measure myself and click anywhere in work meetings ... the first me!

The one that goes shame is the one who observes, not the one who teaches.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/09/2018 1:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Domlub, so that you get an idea of ​​how incoherent it is that a diabetic repair to get controls in public, I put a parallel to reflect.Do you imagine that a mason was cut to go out to dirty street?Or to a painter, with painted clothes?, because it is the same, each one has our peculiarities based on our work or illness in this case, you do not have to feel ashamed of doing a control in the street, on a terrace taking something,In the cinema, or wherever.It is something that you have to accept and carry out, because if you do not know what glucose value you have, for example before the main meals, you will not be able to make corrections in the dose of insulin that you put on and in the end that translates into values ​​ofHigh glycosylated hemoglobin, either by declines and its rebound or for having high glucose all day.
Short -term objectives / purposes, which are easily attainable, is the first step to enter a positive dynamic.The reward of achieving these purposes will motivate you to put on increasing objectives and major purposes, and in the end you will enter a positive vicious circle, instead of negative.
We are used to seeing diabetic patients who after their debut, even at the same time as diabetes debut, also do so in hypertension and hypercholesterolemia, thus configuring a diagnosis of metabolic syndrome, which has a lot of link with the hereditary factors.Thank God we have very interesting treatments to combat all these diseases, in addition to becoming a change in life habits, performing more physical and more appropriate activity, a personalized and ultimately diet having a healthy lifestyle.
Training in your disease is also essential, keep in mind that well -trained diabetic patients, who know how their body reacts before the different stimuli, have 5 times less possibilities of destabilization of the disease.Putting into a multidisciplinary team that investigates in diabetes assures you that you will have within reach the best treatments and more novel.In almost all the main cities in Spain you can find teams that investigate diabetes.Logically it is they who know firsthand the advances that appear year after year.For example, our patients have enjoyed free Style long before the general population, since we participate in the research to develop the device, when it was not yet in the market.So be encouraged to contact research equipment, in addition to your usual endocrine of clear, since you can have solutions that you do not know.
For our part, from Seville, we offer to contact all those who want to be super informed hahaha.With mood, tranquility and work well done, you will surely control that friend of diabetics, glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C): d.A strong greeting of the entire Durán Clinic team.

Duransantiago87r's profile photo
Duransantiago87r
09/13/2018 11:52 a.m.

Endodiabesidad.Clinica Duran & Asociados (Sevilla)
Unidad de Investigación en Diabetes, Obesidad, Hipertensión y Colesterol

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.