{'en': 'Free Freestyle, problems with sensors!', 'es': 'Freestyle Libre, problemas con los sensores!'} Image

Free Freestyle, problems with sensors!

Miri's profile photo   06/17/2019 8:48 p.m.

Hello!

I am new in the forum, I have been with the free freestyle sensors, and they take me easily and give me allergy, I am about to stop using them ...

Is the same thing?

Thank you!

Miri's profile photo
Miri
06/17/2019 8:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Go through the post -statyle post, your doubts will solve you

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/18/2019 4:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you

Miri's profile photo
Miri
06/19/2019 9:25 a.m.

What is the freestyle forum page?

Miri's profile photo
Miri
06/19/2019 2:42 p.m.

We use a hypoallergenic tape up ... why it takes off ... or a bandage for sport

patriciavecchia's profile photo
patriciavecchia
06/19/2019 7:47 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new here, I have been with the sensor and a joy for 10 days, everything was perfect until yesterday, unappreciable differences between puncture and sensor from the first hour I put it on, after a hard sport session (gym + crossfit) with a lot of sweatDue to the heats and intensity, the sensor has begun to make myHe is returning to normal sensor 105, blood 130, has someone happened before?

I will continue measuring me during the day to see if it returns to normal, I will tell you, but it seems very weird.

alvaro84's profile photo
alvaro84
07/26/2019 10:02 a.m.

@Miri
I started giving me a great allergy at 6 months.I have done everything.Put two tegaderm with a centered hole.Put competed (with hole) and on top of the tegaderm (the tegaderm hold the compeed because it only lasts a week, but with the tegaderm on top of it endures all two weeks).I have even come to withdraw the sensor glue following a video on the network.An engineering work.The sensor continued to allergy at 5 or 6 days.I thought it was for sport and sweat.The problem is an acrylate called Iboa that uses Abbott.There is a sanitary alarm already in the United Kingdom, and in Germany, where I live, they have already done a clinical study.Abbott says it will change it because there are many people already with allergy.In many cases, like mine, allergy goes more.My endocrine recommends me to stop using it because one can generate alrgeia to any glue.Now the new free freestyle sensor 2 is already sold, but I have nothing clear if they have changed acrylate.I have passed to Dexcom G6.A wonder, and for the moment without allergies!I recognize that if insurance does not cover it, it is a very expensive option.

@Alvaro84
There have been sensors that have done everything.And when I started having allergy, I also noticed the skewer.When I took it, I had everything swollen and liquid.The liquid that generates your body to expel it, in my case, towards lowering the readings.In any case, verify that the gap was more or less maintained (although when the GAP increased).What always worked for me was the trend (up and down).The important thing is to look at the sensor's trend and mentally add the GAP.The truth is not very comfortable.When a bad sensor comes out, take it with cry out and get more controls.

Greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/26/2019 11:10 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.