New with type 1 and I have noticed delay in the period

weird_acuarius's profile photo   09/06/2018 3:44 p.m.

Hello good morning,

Greetings to all!

I am new and I have type 1 diabetes, I was diagnosed almost a month ago, and well, I have rose a little weight (I had a crisis and I was very low in weight) that is very good for me I have noticed that I have adelay in my period and I would like to ask if the drastic food change and insulin treatment can affect that?

I have not had many sexual intercourse with my partner and we always use a condom, but it has had me thinking and a little stressed the one that has not yet lowered.

If they could help me, I would appreciate them :)

Greetings,

weird_acuarius's profile photo
weird_acuarius
09/06/2018 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.Welcome, diabetes can affect us everything, including hormonal changes and perhaps it is a reason why the period has been delayed.Even so, so you are calmer, make a pregnancy test or go to a doctor.All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
09/06/2018 3:57 p.m.

If you have taken precautions in your relationships it is very unlikely that you are pregnant.The rule is usually delayed for many reasons.The nerves and stress are one of them and if a month ago they probably diagnosed you.The first days are always stressful for all the new things to learn and changes in your life.Surely when you relax you.Anyway, if you want to be 100% safe, buy a homemade test in the pharmacy and salts of doubts.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/06/2018 3:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much, the truth has been very cautious for the risks that inplies a pregnancy in this situation but one always remains in that suspense, I have never been regular, it always usually delayed a little but the same the head plays dirty to one.
Thanks girls :)

weird_acuarius's profile photo
weird_acuarius
09/06/2018 4:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.