"I began to know what diabetes was when they told me that I was starting to take care of me or from there a few years I was going to have a very bad time," Andrea Pereira confessed in an interview with the official media of the Royal Spanish Football Federation(RFEF), where he showed his daily routine with the disease.

The Spanish international player has assured that he hopes to be an “example” for people to understand that a normal life can be made suffering from diabetes.

Pereira also told how he ran into diabetes.“It was the summer of primary change to ESO, I was very thin, I went to the bathroom every half hour, ate a lot, I drank a lot ... They told me to do an analysis and after two days my mother picked me up to go to the hospital”He stressed.

In addition, the defense of FC Barcelona explained that meeting people with their same problem gives them strength to try to normalize the disease.“She is a girl who started a young girl with diabetes, who always comes to see us and makes me excited.We have a connection, we have something important that unites us.It helps you because it strengthens you in giving example, ”he said about a young woman suffering from his same disease.

Regarding the participation of the Spanish women's soccer team, this Monday's game against China (18.00) “will be decisive” for the continuity of the team in the World Cup in France.