{'en': 'The accusing finger: society.', 'es': 'El dedo acusador: la sociedad.'} Image

The accusing finger: society.

AntoSc1607's profile photo   09/12/2018 7:58 p.m.

Tired of giving explanations about my condition (type 1 diabetes).Because yes, they are explanations, not informatively ... as if I had to account for something that I did not look for.

The people who ask me get the idea of ​​"You will have eaten too many sweets", "it is thrown on the couch watching TV all day", "has eating problems", "if you have diabetes it is because something did wrong", "If you have diabetes it is because of its overweight "and I affirm it for the things that have told me.

And although, I have eaten sweets throughout my life, it has nothing to do with that.Unfortunately in the studies they have found the presence of certain antibodies that made the pancreas stop liberating insulin as is usual.

I ask please, read, inform, ask, empathize, put yourself in the place of the other.Every day something new is learned, as I try to do it every day because I have many things to learn and explore.

Perhaps my way of being and my insecurity makes that in some way or another that accusing finger affects me (more than anything if it is from your environment with whom you share many things).

Do not judge with this, or any other disease.Hurts.

It may also be generalizing and this evil, I have a lot of defects to improve.

But I invite you to reflect together and so from the grain of sand we contribute, we can live in a better and less discriminatory society.

Greetings to all!

AntoSc1607's profile photo
AntoSc1607
09/12/2018 7:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The easiest thing is to speak from ignorance.
They see the diabetes such as TV teaches them, watch the neighbor's type 2 diabetes, of the grandfather and do not see beyond.
I am not going to tell you that you are explanations or that you do not give them, there are times that it is better to give them and times it is better not to do it.
What I do advise you is to make a shell and do not let those comments affect you, and more comments from ignorant people.And you don't have to feel guilty of anything.
Many spirits and a huge hug.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
09/12/2018 8:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I get more and more vigil when it comes to talking about some evil that another suffers and I do not know ... because it is easy to put the leg, and one realizes when others annoy it talking about our diabetes ... "a diseaseFrom older people ", type 2" do not have diabetes because they are not punctured insulin, only high sugar has come out. "Then the disgust comes when they have to prick.That, and all the "classic" phrases you have commented.

Much encouragement.I think we have to try to see it from a distance, that is, to me if they tell me and I see that they will not understand what I can explain, I simply save the effort to do it.For me that they continue believing what they want.You are going to be much healthier than them after a few years.That it seems that sugar only hurts us, as if it were an allergy, and they had a white letter to take what they want without problem, because as they do not have diabetes ... it does not take its toll.

To begin with, coffee with two sugar, "because only one does not sweeten."And they tell you "leave the saccharin, which comes from oil."I tell you: "Leave me alone, heavy! Let me live a little.":))

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
09/12/2018 9:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

At first I gave explanations, now I tell you: immune origin, it can happen to you.And the theme ditch.
I am the only one in the family with diabetes, and I say the only one with diabetes because in my family there is no one of the types.

Nobody puts himself in my place and sometimes I end up arguing with them for such simple issues as choosing a dish in a restaurant, since I ask about the ingredients to know what syrup or several shits they will throw the "stewed grandmother with cardillos of the town of the townof my great -great grandmother. "

The most important thing is to be sure of oneself and knowing that it is done as much as possible to control is disease.I live calm like that.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2018 9:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.