{'en': 'I see a lot of negativity', 'es': 'Veo mucha negatividad'} Image

I see a lot of negativity

Jotabono's profile photo   06/25/2019 12:23 p.m.

Hello,

Well, I just wanted to have this post, because I have been reading the forum today, and I have come to read things like "I prefer to have cancer and heal, than to be sentenced to life imprisonment with diabetes."

In general I always see very negative people with the issue of this disease.I have been as a type 1 diabetic for 7 months, I am 26 years old and it is true that life changes, but if you know how to be positive and adapt it as well as possible to your previous life, I do not see something so bad.

Let's see, I know that I carry little as a diabetic and I surely have many "bad drinks" for living.But so far I have already experienced several hypoglycemia, some serious (below 50) even at work, or some days of glucose through the clouds, I finished my honeymoon a while ago and I was also trying for weeks trying to regulate and it cost mequite.

There are good days that the diabetes of annoying are already in charge, yes, however, I still make the life I made before, right now I have come from being 3 days at a music festival, and with control, I have been able to drink my beers and cubatas, while enjoying the concerts and I have eaten in the food stalls, and it has happened absolutely nothing.

In two weeks I go to another 4 -day festiavl and I will be sleeping only in a campsite.I will take my glucotabs, my meter and my insulins, apart from sugary provisions, and nothing will happen to me :)

And you will see in a few years, when we all enjoy continuous glucose monitors and have alerts with our smart watch, it will be much easier.

Life can continue to be wonderful with diabetes, you just have to accept what there is and try to live!

Cheer up!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
06/25/2019 12:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

I have been in the forum for a short time but I do not perceive that negativity, in fact I have felt comforted to see that some doubts I have had are shared by more people :)

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
06/25/2019 2:16 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

@Jotabono I have also perceived that negativity many times in some people but in general I do not see a negative attitude in the forum.What happens is that we always get the bad attention than good.There are people who have a negative attitude towards life in general and they would have it the same with or without diabetes and the comments like the ones you put more more attention than when someone says it takes it well.
It is an annoyance that touches this disease and we would all prefer not to have it, but it is not like to make a drama and see everything black or think that having diabetes you can no longer make a normal life.I have been in 16 years of illness and has never prevented me from doing anything that felt like it.Of course there are bad days in which despite the effort you have bad controls and it is very frustrating, in addition to physical discomfort for being low or something, but everything happens.If you see it positively it will always be easier.If you continue with that positive attitude, surely you get the disease perfectly and it does not prevent you from doing anything you feel like.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/25/2019 5:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

You also have to understand that not everyone has the same fate.There are people who have been able to adapt the diabetes quite well to their day to day but it is not always that easy.There are other people who do what they do is wrong and it is super frustrating.Thanks to this forum we can see things from several points of view and the truth, I think everyone is good.
You have to be a little more open, the same as one day those "negative" comments are good for you because you feel in the same way ... who knows.
Cheer up

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
06/25/2019 6:57 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Well I believe that especially people who are wrong, a little depression, hence it looks like everything more negative.
I am not the joy of the garden but in these 4 years of diabetes I have done everything, even more things than before being diabetic.
Of course there are black days but I do what I can and if not low from 180 because nothing, another will come from 100.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/27/2019 11:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I have also perceived a lot of negativity.I have read innumerable times that you can no longer have a normal life, trying to demonstrate that it is possible.It is a matter of attitude because diabetes is the same for everyone (it is not more or less diabetic as people sometimes ask people jijiji) I always try to write to encourage people and, sometimes I have seen that my opinion has not been well received.It is as if by saying that my life is normal, respecting others, and it is not.It is the opposite, what I want is to give an example that you can and offer my help to those who need encouragement and advice.As I have written on occasion, you can get out of mind more than eating a piece of cake.Much encouragement for everyone that this is a roll but nothing more.With a little care you can do everything.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
06/30/2019 10:32 a.m.

In my family I am the joy of the garden and I am not negative at all.But I will never say that I can lead a normal life.I do not say with it that I cannot lead a good life, but normal not.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/01/2019 5:01 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

hello.Yes I have read some negative things but rather it is because there are times when they cannot control diabetes as expected.I guess there are good and bad days.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/02/2019 2:28 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

jotabono said:
hello, Hello,

Well, I just wanted to have this post, because I have been reading the forum today, and I have come to read things like "I prefer to have cancer and heal, than to be sentenced to life imprisonment with diabetes."

In general I always see very negative people with the issue of this disease.I have been as a type 1 diabetic for 7 months, I am 26 years old and it is true that life changes, but if you know how to be positive and adapt it as well as possible to your previous life, I do not see something so bad.

Let's see, I know that I carry little as a diabetic and I surely have many "bad drinks" for living.But so far I have already experienced several hypoglycemia, some serious (below 50) even at work, or some days of glucose through the clouds, I finished my honeymoon a while ago and I was also trying for weeks trying to regulate and it cost mequite.

There are good days that the diabetes of annoying are already in charge, yes, however, I still make the life I made before, right now I have come from being 3 days at a music festival, and with control, I have been able to drink my beers and cubatas, while enjoying the concerts and I have eaten in the food stalls, and it has happened absolutely nothing.

In two weeks I go to another 4 -day festiavl and I will be sleeping only in a campsite.I will take my glucotabs, my meter and my insulins, apart from sugary provisions, and nothing will happen to me :)

And you will see in a few years, when we all enjoy continuous glucose monitors and have alerts with our smart watch, it will be much easier.

Life can continue to be wonderful with diabetes, you just have to accept what there is and try to live!

Cheer up!

Of course, I agree with you.Without a positive attitude everything becomes a world.Long live the positive people

Ladiabetica's profile photo
Ladiabetica
07/05/2019 12:07 p.m.

Diabetica desde 2015 con bomba de insulina

Good morning companions ... I, with almost 51 years and 3 with type 1 ... glyc in 6 and how I read one day, live with diabetes, not for diabetes.May each one take out their conclusions.Greetings

jlbg68's profile photo
jlbg68
07/07/2019 11:02 a.m.

Hello good!
I think I'm one of the most positive people I know.I have 29 years of type1.I debuted with 13 and that same year I went to England summer to learn English to a family (when we still click with syringe and there were no mobiles).It has never affected me in my life in the sense that I studied the career I wanted, I work on mine since then (until with a fainting once while I did an interview), I have been a mother, I have traveled where I wanted ... andAlthough I know that I am not going to die of this (I almost went to the other neighborhood with 29 for something that had nothing to do with this: a bacterium in my heart and that I end with valvular replacement) we cannot ignore that we have to take care of ourselves.
I have 9 laser sessions in each eye for diabetic retinopathy (which I coincided with free days at work because I do not like to seem special), I still have hyper and hypos for stress and spend a paste for years in sensors that I would not spend ifIt wasn't diabetic.So, although I hump, I am not normal but I try to live normally.

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
07/07/2019 3:45 p.m.

I don't see any negativity but people who need to speak.Nor will they lie as many say they are happy to have diabetes because they take care of themselves, because I would give my diabetes to their families to take care of themselves.
Diabetes does not stop me at all, but I will not hide reality and tell lies about diabetes, I am perhaps too clear speaking.
I have been with a quite optimal control and without any complication for now, you have been a short time but when you have been commenting for many years you will tell me because your health will not be like now I can assure you.
Of course, nothing has happened to you through the lack of controls and hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia that you are suffering, meanwhile your body is damaging, do not look that nothing happens to you by hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, that glucemic variability will be the one that spoils your organsInteriors and I'm not exaggerating.
Keep partying and that diabetes does not stop at all but try to avoid hypos and hyper that you now not notice anything over time another rooster would sing.
It is not negativity is reality, this is a disease that if you lead a life as you comment that nothing happens to you that you have hyper and hyper and solve with insulin or glucotabs, it is true you solve it and while your veins, arteries, nerves and several more componentsFrom your body are dying.
I am not exaggerating or I am negative, but you have to take good care and fight.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/08/2019 8:49 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In the end we all have a little reason, it is a hard disease that forces you to take care of you more but that does not have to stop to carry out a "normal" life, or what each one understands as normal.In any case, you have to always throw in front with a pissive attitude.I encourage everyone

Ladiabetica's profile photo
Ladiabetica
07/12/2019 4:20 p.m.

Diabetica desde 2015 con bomba de insulina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.