{'en': 'Insulin pumps and ... yes, sex!', 'es': 'Bombas de insulina y... sí, sexo!'} Image

Insulin pumps and ... yes, sex!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo   09/23/2018 11:50 p.m.

Hello!

As a summary: the first part, is to vent, but the important question is at the end.

I feel so direct but I have been looking for too much time through the forum and many places and I can't find this topic.

They have just done 2 years since I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and almost the same time has my endocrine telling me that I should carry the insulin pump.

At first I was reluctant since I thought that at some point I would stabilize, that it was still soon, but at this point I am already very tired because every day they are a roller coaster, very high and very low.I know 100% that he was right (yes, obvious, he is a doctor and I don't).

But there is something that worries me a lot, I don't care that I look in everyday situations but I am 26 years old, without a stable partner and I still have to know guys but of course, this with insulin bomb I do not have so clear that it is very easy.

Could anyone explain if the bomb is removed during sex?How do people manage?

I know it can be a delicate issue but it seems important to me.

Thanks in advance:-*

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
09/23/2018 11:50 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Good bubble girl ... I have been with bomb for a year and a half.I unscrew a horita and voila.Do not fear

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/24/2018 12:29 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@"Marcos_J_M" Thank you very much for answering!You also remove the catheter or do you have to screw it somewhere?

NiñaBurbuja
09/24/2018 11:08 a.m.

Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Let's see depends on situations and postures, you don't always disconnect, there are people who also use fannyas or sports belts although aesthetically do not usually like, but there are some very beautiful especially for girls where you can completely hide the pump and the catheterSee nothing.You must gradually control what you burn and know that it is complicated and you can be putting micrunities every certain moments and being all the time you want.The important thing that exists insulin in the body.
The tube if you can remove it from the body but the base will remain in the body, that is, the pipe that makes it between insulin in the body and carry injected, that is, something you always carry visible but cover, it is covered,

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/24/2018 12:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"JCONEGAR" Thank you very much for your answer.
The truth is that now that you have clarified it, I look calmer, it seems nonsense but it brought me up.

Thank you:-*

NiñaBurbuja
09/24/2018 6:18 p.m.

On the beach I have seen that they take it completely leaving only a patch.I don't think there is danger in doing the same thing practicing sex.In addition, sex helps lower glucose ...

Nachetee's profile photo
Nachetee
09/24/2018 9:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

niñaburbuja said:
@"jconegar" Thank you very much for your answer.
The truth is that now that you have clarified it, I look calmer, it seems nonsense but it brought me up.

Thank you:-*

We all think the same just as some people ask and others do not, this issue is a very playing topic at the particular level.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/25/2018 8:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

You disconnect and put (although it is not necessary, because it carries an internal membrane that is complicated to transfer) the cap to the canula and enjoy.You will only have a patchecillo in the body with the dog little larger than a thumb.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/01/2018 5:25 p.m.

Hello Bubble Girl:
I agree with the others in the group, such as an intelligent pump and you already know how to program it only disconnects by the ratic, and you place it when you finish, since it has the ability to calculate the amount of insulin that your body needs.

carol25's profile photo
carol25
10/01/2018 10:43 p.m.

When I started with the bomb my endocrine, very prudently, he told me that when he went to "exercise" he reduced the basal infusion at 50% from half an hour before until an hour later.And if you don't want to load with the device, they have already told you, you take it off and go.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/05/2018 8:33 a.m.

I am sorry to answer so late but I have not stopped lately.
Thank you all for your contributions.I am aware that this is a complicated issue to deal with in "public", but within my circle of friendships and family I don't even have any other diabetic to talk to.So, thanks (again ... I am a heavy) of all my heart, not only for answering here but for having managed to create this great network:-*

NiñaBurbuja
10/24/2018 12:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.