{'en': 'Having a very bad time with the Minimed 640g bomb.(Edito: Everything is going better)', 'es': 'Pasándolo muy mal con la bomba Minimed 640G. (Edito: Ya todo va a mejor)'} Image

Having a very bad time with the Minimed 640g bomb.(Edito: Everything is going better)

Mario_S's profile photo   06/28/2019 11:47 p.m.

My daughter takes just over 24 hours with the 640g minimed.

A horrible experience so far. Measurements (in blood) do not fall from 200, reaching 400.

"Blocked infusion" alarms, indicating that it changes reservoir and infusion equipment.Already in 24 hours we have changed 2 reservoirs and 3 infusion equipment (cable), but everything remains the same.And I do not want to continue changing equipment and reservoirs every time the bomb asks for it because I would have spent those who gave me for two months and I do not know if they will replace them.

The infusion teams that I took out had the tip of the catheter as ravine, bent, and probably is what prevents a normal infusion.

I have had to inject with the ball several times because it seems to me that the bomb does not infuse anything.I have done everything.Create Bolus Wizard by putting 4 rations of HC even if it was not going to eat anything.I have put a temporal basal at 120% for four hours and for six hours.Nothing works.Since the bomb has never dropped from 200, and the amount of measurements we have made is impressive.I have almost left, another problem.

And I don't want to comment on Medtronic's "help" on his customer support phone.That gives to open another topic.

Well, that it is a short time, maybe I had bad luck, or whatever, but if they ask me and give me to choose, I prefer to continue with the slow and fast bolis, with which we controlled the breeding diabetes greatly.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
06/28/2019 11:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Use 6mm cannulas or infusion equipment with 13mm oblique cannula.
Verify the basal rate used (in many schedule sections you may need more insulin) and control the ratios used in each meal (it may be necessary to increase them).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/29/2019 4:48 p.m.

Thank you.I will take into account what you tell me.Today everything is better, we are staying within the most or less acceptable, although with some truquillos such as using the temporal basal to 120% or "invent" HC intakes to use the Wizard Bolus.
I have not needed bolis.
The situation objectively will better, my previous comment had enough nervousness, "anger" and relief.
Thanks Mamarvazq, a greeting.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
06/29/2019 5:28 p.m.

mario_s said:
my daughter takes more than 24 hours with the minimed 640g on.
A horrible experience so far. Measurements (in blood) do not fall from 200, reaching 400.
"Blocked infusion" alarms, indicating that it changes reservoir and infusion equipment.Already in 24 hours we have changed 2 reservoirs and 3 infusion equipment (cable), but everything remains the same.And I do not want to continue changing equipment and reservoirs every time the bomb asks for it because I would have spent those who gave me for two months and I do not know if they will replace them.
The infusion teams that I took out had the tip of the catheter as ravine, bent, and probably is what prevents a normal infusion.
I have had to inject with the ball several times because it seems to me that the bomb does not infuse anything.I have done everything.Create Bolus Wizard by putting 4 rations of HC even if it was not going to eat anything.I have put a temporal basal at 120% for four hours and for six hours.Nothing works.Since the bomb has never dropped from 200, and the amount of measurements we have made is impressive.I have almost left, another problem.
And I don't want to comment on Medtronic's "help" on his customer support phone.That gives to open another topic.

Well, that it is a short time, maybe I had bad luck, or whatever, but if they ask me and give me to choose, I prefer to continue with the slow and fast bolis, with which we controlled the breeding diabetes greatly.

The topic is going to better.The measurements are great and there are no inconveniences with the bomb.It seems that all this will remain in a relief and anecdote.I hope so..

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
06/29/2019 8:22 p.m.

It is normal for the first days to be a "chaos" until you get used to it and for what I am reading you are already better.
Normally at the beginning with the pump you have to change ratios and basal.
If the catheter are dubbed, I would recommend commenting to the educator because you may have to change the type of catheter to another size or go to oblique.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
06/30/2019 6:23 a.m.

My son also happened that, he is very thin, and even the obliques gave him problems.Now we go to the Sure-T and very well, eat it to the educator

pco's profile photo
pco
06/30/2019 12:12 p.m.

mjsm said:
It is normal for the first days to be a "chaos" until you get used to it and for what I am reading you are already better.
Normally at the beginning with the pump you have to change ratios and basal.
If the catheter are dubbed, I would recommend commenting to the educator because you may have to change the type of catheter to another size or go to oblique.

pco said:
my son also happened that, it is very thin, and even the obliques gave him problems.Now we go to the Sure-T and very well, eat it to the educator

Thank you very much for your interest.Everything is going well from the last infusion team on.Let's see if we arrive in the morning that touches change, without inconvenience.
The girl's doctor has called me to see everything is going.I told him what happened and he told me that they are things that happen, that everything will be better and that we will review in a couple of days the ratios, basal and all the programming of the bomb because surely some corrections will have to be made.
I will comment what you tell me about catheters.It is very interesting and perhaps it is what we need.
Thank you so much.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
06/30/2019 5:34 p.m.

Quiet the first month is the worst of all, basal, ratios, patterns, there are many things to configure but once you give the numbers you will see that the pump is much better in every way and you will not want to return to theMulti injections therapy.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
07/01/2019 1:51 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
calm the first month is the worst of all, basal, ratios, patterns, there are many things to configure but once you give the numbers you will see that it is much betterThe pump in every sense and you will not want to return to multi injections therapy.

Thank you.Everything is much better.I got very nervous with so much problem when putting the pump and not being able to control, but everything is much better, good measurements, good calculations of the bolus, I like this .. :)

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
07/01/2019 5:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.