Type II diabetic, 34 years totally disoriented

IRN's profile photo   10/12/2018 5:20 a.m.

Hello everyone,
I just be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes to my 34 years, I would like to be able to say that I don't know how it happened, or anything in that direction, but the truth is perfectly as it happened.A weight gain that left me with 20 kg of overweight and that for 3 years leaves without attending.
The truth, I arrived here because I am totally confused, and I will comment from how I feel it.On the one hand, I think that I fabrised a disease that will shorten my life tremendously (I hope only my ignorance to say that) and on the other hand, I feel that the person who was until a few days ago, prior to the diagnosis, died, so thatI live a kind of mourning with the person I was before.
I do not understand very well that it comes from now on, nor what are the most typical situations that I will face and perhaps that could help me a lot of you, your personal experiences of initiated in this lifestyle.For my part, I can offer you little in my current ignorance, but I am working to overcome it hehe.
Well, in general, I do not understand any of this very well, I am not even clear if I feel sad or happy for early detection (I went to the doctor for a kind of bet and discovered this, without any symptom), so what they can explain to me, comment or guide me where to inform me, it will be very helpful.

Thank you so much.

P.D.: I am from Chile, sorry if I had any modal.

IRN's profile photo
IRN
10/12/2018 5:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Irn, the first thing you would have to do is lose weight, that is essential for the good control of diabetes and for this you have to wear a healthy diet and exercise.If you carry good control you do not have to have problems, you are very young yet but first of all and above all, you have to take that overweight.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/12/2018 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I also have more or less your age and they detected it a year ago, I do not consider that it is a disease that shortly shortens my life, is to eat healthy that really is something that we all have to do, I know people from more than more than more than60 years with diabetes and if you go to a healthy life, it does not have to shorten it so be calm for that, in my opinion

davlinares's profile photo
davlinares
10/18/2018 12:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.