Greetings

davlinares's profile photo   10/17/2018 1:08 a.m.

Hello, I am new and I present myself, I am David of Malaga and I have 3 years 10 months ago I was diagnosed with diabetes I think that type 2, only I take a pill and as a new diabetic I have many doubts that I will put in the forum little by little ....As I am just from the pill they do not prescribe to me and look at me the nurse 1 time per month or so, it gave me a glucometer glocomen 2k but the strips are very expensive ... I was reading in many places and I saw the codefree that I saw it on ebayfor € 36 with 100 strips and about € 16 the 100 -strips packs ... but as I am new I do not know how it is or if it measures well and others .. Tb I saw that it only measures gloccose ... what is the most needed to measure?or if you know any other quality/price better I hear ideas

Thanks and greetings

davlinares's profile photo
davlinares
10/17/2018 1:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Glucoman Aero 2K (the one you have) also has strips to measure ketone bodies but you do not need it.Nor obsession with measuring glycemia.If only metformin does not produce hypos and therefore in you the control is not done by capillary glycemia but the important thing is glycosilada (which will regularly ask you from time to time).The important thing is that you have it below 7%.What I don't understand is for punching to give you the glucometer if you don't plan to throw you ... It's desire to lid you.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/17/2018 12:10 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Thanks Ignasi for answering, I do not try not to obsess me that this is forever and anyway it is about eating healthier, I is just by carrying a minimum control and measuring 2-3 times a week and that seemed cheap and byknow if it is decent or not

The glycosilada is what I call the 3 months, when they detected it at the beginning of the year I had it in 10 and in the next one I went down to 6 ...

davlinares
10/17/2018 12:37 p.m.

One thing is that medically is not absolutely necessary and another is that it is not useful.When they also diagnosed me with metformin but the fact of being able to measure you so long as it gives you security and confidence that you are doing the treatment well.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/17/2018 2:30 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Ah!And I guess you already know.If you get with the strips, the reference values ​​of good control are less than 120 that of the morning (the basal) and those of before eating and dinner and less than 180 two hours after breakfast, food and dinner.And remember, lower weight (if your case) and exercise regularly is a good tool to control your diabetes.
I believe that any glucometer of those approved and that they are in the market are already doing well.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/17/2018 2:38 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

If more or less that I walk with the 10 strips that came to me in the machine .. and when I go to nurse I usually give me between 130-140 without breakfast and well tells me that it is not so bad ... and the exercise if, someKilos are left over but I already got them down, I started the year on 110 or so and now I am about 98-105 ... little by little with a little gym I go down, thanks for the advice :)

davlinares
10/17/2018 2:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.