What to peck?

davlinares's profile photo   10/17/2018 2:31 p.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum and semi new in the illness, and I wanted to know what you peck for hours for how the bug of Burgos, York ham or a skimmed yogurt and the truth is oftenAlways mid -morning, mid -afternoon or early (I'm sleepI usually eat after meals and the one I like the most that is the banana is the one that can be least ... I mean typical tentenpies ...

Before the disease I really liked to eat in those cases cured, semi -cured, sheep or elementary cheeses ... also fuet ... or some of these cereal bars ...

Do not see if you can give me ideas of things to chop between hours that are not bad and appetizing

thank you

davlinares's profile photo
davlinares
10/17/2018 2:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Cheeses you can eat all because they barely have hydrates so you can vary so as not to get bored.Natural or roasted nuts are also a good option and with little hydrate (the best not) fried.Black chocolate of more than 70% cocoa has very little sugar and if you do not pass with the amount it can also be a good option.Olives or any pickle has hardly any hydrates.York ham and sausages in general are processed meat and it is not a good option.York and turkey ham is the worst option, it usually has little percentage of meat and a lot of potato starch, flours, and additives.Glucose will upload and also processed meats increase the risk of cancer.It is better to eat them only from time to time and much better a good serrano ham or some sausage without additives than the York ham.

As a advice I would tell you that you try to leave the peck between hours as far as possible, it is better to make less bigger meals when you have insulin resistance as is the case of type 2 diabetics. And if something that is without hydrateOr very little.Eating every little, especially things with hydrates, makes the body continuously releasing insulin and that worsens the problem.Investigate a little about low hydrates diets that usually go very well for type 2 diabetes and improve insulin resistance.In the blog Lameteoquevene you have a lot of information on the subject written by a doctor.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/17/2018 2:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much Yesssica for the ideas, they will be very useful and I will read what you recommended.

In meals ... I always hear that it was much better to eat 5-6 times a day than to eat more than 3 times ...

davlinares's profile photo
davlinares
10/17/2018 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They say it is better to eat 5 or 6 times so that the pancreas does not start from a long period of rest to start segregating insulin.Stop and start is an envelope.
Between hours I like nuts, infusions or cheese.I also take soybean or soybean yogurts that you have less hydrates but have a particular flavor and not everyone likes them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/18/2018 12:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.