{'en': 'Hydrates?', 'es': 'Hidratos?'} Image

Hydrates?

davlinares's profile photo   10/17/2018 2:41 p.m.

Hello, because the theme of hydrates brings me crazy ... there are people who tell me that as they are sugars of slow absorption you can eat them without problems, others that are not, which is bad ...

The nurse says that in the labels of things I did not look at the hydrates alone "of which they are sugar ..." and with so many versions I am not sure and this is a great community because I ask here ...

For example, I take in the super whatever puts 65 carbohydrates of which they are sugar ... 5 for example (every 100 grams) can I eat it why is little sugar?Or can I why are many hydrates?

Then there is the issue that paste rice and veal are the dishes that I like the most ... that in the case of pasta and rice we are in the same ... a lot of hydrate and not so much sugar .... in which I must look more?

If you have a lot of hydrates and little sugar can I eat it?

Let's see if you can clarify me ...

Thank you!

davlinares's profile photo
davlinares
10/17/2018 2:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetics have to take into account all hydrates not just sugars.For a type 2 it is best to avoid all foods with added sugars and moderate or eliminate high things in hydrates such as pasta, potato, rice, bread ... at least you will have glucose better.In return, it adds more vegetables, some fruit, nuts and legumes that have slow hydrates in addition to being healthy foods.It is best to make the purchase with most fresh products: vegetables, meats, fish, eggs, cheeses, nuts, fruit, natural yogurts (it is not necessary to be skimmed, the fat of the milk is not bad and satisfies more)and eliminate or reduce the defendants (except good processed such as conserving or frozen vegetables, or boat legumes ...).If you are looking for Realfooding Movement on Google you can find a lot of information on how to eat healthy with real food.On their website, the nutritionist Carlos Rios and his team talk about all this and explain what is healthy and what not, they teach you to read labels, etc.You can also follow you on Instagram and Facebook that puts a lot of information.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/17/2018 3:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Diabetics do not properly process hydrates, all of them and the type.Tag sugar is one of the types, the total must be taken into account.
You can make a healthy diet, eating everything, knowing your body and insulin you need, or elimin...
The choice belongs to each one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/18/2018 12:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For a diabetic the most important thing is the HC since these are transformed into glucose and insulin treatments are based on counting HC rations (10 grams of HC) as a base.

I advise you to look for HC tables, so that you see how many grams of a food contains 1 ration of HC (10 grams) and what foods are considered free and therefore will not vary your glucose levels (meats, fish, ...) To know how many HC rations you are going to eat and you can adjust to a greater extent the insulin you need according to the ratio that your endocrine has estimated, although later you can modify.

Once you are clear about the above, you can investigate with the IG (glycemic index) of each food that HC has and with what you say of "of which they are sugar ..." so you can see that they do not modify the rations ofHC that you are going to take, but if you are going to vary the speed in digesting them ... it is essential to understand it well, get into the hands of a professional.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
10/18/2018 4:36 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

As they mention, all carbohydrates will become our body to glucose, sugar is the fastest since it is practically glucose, the flours will also become glucose even if they will take longer.So there will always be an impact on our glycemia in a late or late way.

Well, you talk about HC, sugars, but a very important topic is forgotten the fats and the calculation protein fat unit, something that many times is not seen and is very important.
We can eat everything without any problem for that they invented insulin, the important thing is to know very well the ratios of everything, and when to put the insulin.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2018 9:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

To this I mean a little .... my nurse has no idea when telling me that I am not worried about the hydrates and that only the sugar looks?By the way I am from a pill I don't know if that will influence

davlinares
10/22/2018 12:15 a.m.

Hydrates are metabolized in glucose.Pasta, bread, fruit, legumes, milk .. Everything must be taken into account.They will have given you a table of hydrates to measure them.Vegetables and animal protein have almost no hydrates.
The best way to know how food affects is to measure with the glucometer before and after meals, although if you do not use insulin they will not give you strips .. You can look at how the glycosylated in the analytics is.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2018 1:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I didn't give me any table ... They told me about the hydrates and told me and told me not to worry about the hydrates that the hydrates were necessary for the body that I would notice in the sugars

davlinares
10/22/2018 11:30 a.m.

Be careful with bread, paste the rice and potatoes. You have to weigh it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2018 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

davlinares said:
hello, because the theme of hydrates brings me crazy ... there are people who tell me that as they are sugars of slow absorption you can eat them without problems, others that not, which islousy...

The nurse says that in the labels of things I did not look at the hydrates alone "of which they are sugar ..." and with so many versions I am not sure and this is a great community because I ask here ...

For example, I take in the super whatever puts 65 carbohydrates of which they are sugar ... 5 for example (every 100 grams) can I eat it why is little sugar?Or can I why are many hydrates?

Then there is the issue that paste rice and veal are the dishes that I like the most ... that in the case of pasta and rice we are in the same ... a lot of hydrate and not so much sugar .... in which I must look more?

If you have a lot of hydrates and little sugar can I eat it?

Let's see if you can clarify me ...

Thank you!

Diabetics to metabolize any carbohydrate are simple or complex we need insulin therefore you cannot consume them freely

Simple absorption sugars: in general, fruits, juices and apart the sugars added of commercial products.

Slow absorption sugars: rice, pasta, cereals, bread and derivatives, legumes, potatoes, peas, .. etc etc, ... it usually is our first dish.

Rapid absorption sugars as the word says they pass by the blood and produce glucose and descent peaks because they last in the blood for a short time.

Slow absorption sugars take longer to go to blood and produce sustained maintenance of blood sugar, that is, to sugar or go up so much and last longer over time, they are suitable.

Whenever you take from each other you require insulin and with what you know now you can act.

eg of a label:

amounts per 100g of product

Carbohydrates: 65g of which 5G sugars. It means that the product has 60g of slow abdration and 5g of rapid absorption

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
10/28/2018 7:04 p.m.

In diabetes all carbohydrates count.The only thing is that some absorb faster, and produce peaks, and others more slowly, and give us more time to metabolize.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/29/2018 7:50 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.