{'en': 'Diabetes and stress', 'es': 'Diabetes y estrés'} Image

Diabetes and stress

Canti_ara's profile photo   10/21/2018 10:57 a.m.

Good morning,

I write to see if someone happens to someone.

During the week with the mess of work (I am a teacher) my sugar levels tend to rise and it is difficult to lower them.

I blame stress, because then the weekend arrives and the levels are ideal or even some hypoglycemia as another, with the same insulin units.Anyone who advises me to do?

Because I have tried to climb the toujeo during the week and lower it the weekend, but it does not give time to readjust logically and it is worse because I get more out of control.

Thank you.

Canti_ara's profile photo
Canti_ara
10/21/2018 10:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well that is the problem of many jobs .., maybe with a bomb you can control more.The truth is that it is a job that can become very stressful. Me the doctor prescribed me reassuns, because I get the tension., I am not diabetic, but half orphidal is very good for me.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2018 7:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina The tranquilizers such as the orfidal (Lorazepam) relax you but I assure you that this relaxation will not make you lower the glucose.You can have the nervous system very relaxed but the adrenaline continues to act and the glucose rising.-

@Canti_ara The only advice is that you adjust breakfast (low or void glycemic index) and insulin to reach the best possible and if stress makes its effect it is less.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/22/2018 8:03 p.m.

Thanks @regina @sigsauer.The tranquilizers do not work for me to lower the glucose.They only get me more grogui and goes slower hahaha
As for breakfast, I have it super controlled and rare is the time I have it high after, only that in mid -morning it is already beginning to resist, but the only solution I see is to adjust with fast insulin and take things easy.Well, and sport, which always helps.Thank you:)

Canti_ara
10/22/2018 9:48 p.m.

Hello very good.If you have the possibility of moving to insulin bomb, it is much better because you can put different patterns.In addition to adjusting the dose much better.Greetings

Nauj77's profile photo
Nauj77
10/24/2018 10:59 a.m.

@"Canti_ara" in addition to the advice you have already given you ... I recommend that you read this issue, I hope it helps you, and that you can better control glucose soon !!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/24/2018 11:01 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, the same thing happens to my son, but he as a student and the doctor who Valeriana told me, I thought that was not and my surprise was that when he takes it, he is ideal, proves in case Acafo

Mariche1's profile photo
Mariche1
10/27/2018 2:50 a.m.

Hello.I think it is a generalized problem.My partner always tells me that I was born to be rich and not work.When I'm on vacation, my levels are perfect.When I work, a disaster.They have also tried with me to give reassuns that, the truth, they were of no use so I stopped taking them.For me, the only thing that serves is to have the quick ball on the table and how I have the free I am measuring.When I see that it begins to rise, without meaning, without having eaten, I put on half unity (that for recent have prescribed the junior because I have a high sensitivity to insulin).And in an attempt that I don't go beyond 250 ... but stress is horrible.I believe that neither with a bomb can be solved, just like scares, sorrows, nerves ...

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
10/28/2018 10:22 a.m.

Well, nothing left to pull Valeriana, my son is doing well.

Mariche1's profile photo
Mariche1
10/28/2018 3:37 p.m.

Thank you all for the advice!

Canti_ara
10/28/2018 4:51 p.m.

Good @"canti_ara",

First of all, tell you that being a teacher demands a lot at the mental level and that the level of stress significantly affects blood sugar.A situation similar to yours happened to me a couple of years and I will not tell you any "miracle" or anything like that, since the only way to control stress is by balance of all the facets of yourlife.

In my case, I suffered a great pressure at work to which he added that I also studied in the afternoon, with all that that entails (meals to undone, neglect the level of sugar, be on continuous alert ...) I solved itWhen I finished the course study and decide to change patterns in my life.I still study but marking other rhythms and what changed me most was what I titled "My day" that day was on Sundays and I dedicated myself to taking care of myself both physically and mentally, the latter helped me start the week freed from stress and stress andstrongly.I do not know if it will help you what I am telling you, but the only thing I can tell you is that I encourage and remember the key word is "balance."

lprogel's profile photo
lprogel
10/28/2018 6:59 p.m.

Thanks @iprogel.That balance is what I am looking for.I try to take care of myself and get even half an hour a day to do sports that improves me both mentally and physically.Not stressing too much at work is more difficult but I will get it.Thank you, it relieves listening to people who are or has been in the same situation.

Canti_ara
10/28/2018 9:06 p.m.

Hi Canti_ara,

I am also a teacher, and diabetics 1 for less than 4 months.The same thing happens to you, the weekend well or very well, and as soon as Monday comes (same breakfast, the same amount of insulin) gets out of control.In the middle of the week it begins to be "something" better ... I attribute it to stress, but I don't know ...

It seems that I do well with the exercise.On Sunday I try to do a little more exercise than normal, the rest of the day at least the minimum (30m) and from there I go up or not, as I find myself.Today I do not count, I am cold, but the last weeks I have been something better.And I have also become accustomed in the recess to go for 15 minutes to walk.You know we can't always, and I notice much.

I do not know if it will help you, I am not who to advise anything, I am in full rehearsal-error right now, and I have too little to draw conclusions.At the moment my best weapon to handle stress is exercise and sleep.I will be pending to the post.

Greetings and thanks for sharing your problem.I look very very reflected.

magdaneni's profile photo
magdaneni
10/29/2018 12:29 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 desde 11-07-18. Aprendiendo a vivir con esto.

Maybe it is good to increase a slow unit for the week and lower it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/29/2018 2:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks @"Magdaneni" @"Regina".Increasing slowly during the week and lowering it is a mess, because it doesn't even give time to readjust and I start the week badly.
Physical exercise is what best for me @"magdaneni", even 4 days a week I do sports.Anyway, anything is telling me to see if you think of other options.And encourage that little by little you will get used to, some lead almost a lifetime with this.Muak

Canti_ara
10/29/2018 4 p.m.

Hello @"Canti_ara".I am also a teacher and I do not know if it is stress or simply the continuous mess, above, down, the concentration you need to give classes in conditions ... the fact is that I also notice much difference between the school days and the periods ofvacation.
In my case, not always up.The problem is that I am with much more unstable figures.When I have a lot of Jaleo, I get low to the food or have peaks in the middle of the morning ... it depends on the day.
This summer has been magnificent.Values ​​between 90 and 140 continuously, without sudden changes.But September and back has been arriving.
But let's see, work you have to work.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/04/2018 12:43 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Already ... @"Vicky Bush" work we have to work.His thing is trying to control it by taking things calmly and relaxing as much as possible.Thanks for your comment.Help see that there are people in the same situation.

Canti_ara
11/04/2018 3:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.