{'en': 'They do not treat us as we deserve.I abandon the diabetic patient before society.', 'es': 'No nos tratan como nos merecemos. Abandono al enfermo diabético ante la sociedad.'} Image

They do not treat us as we deserve.I abandon the diabetic patient before society.

Narciso's profile photo   07/07/2019 6:52 p.m.

@Narciso, this is a save who can.Little help we will wait.
Coca-Cola is very fast to solve hypos, with voucher drinks.
If you get a glycosylated below7, you are fine.
Let's see if you are lucky and change you to a quieter area.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2019 12:40 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

nigiri said:
hypoglycemia can be avoided with good control, @narciso and 7000kg daily I say that a machine will load them, not you with your arms.
The issue is very well focused, you have titled it "They do not treat us as we deserve. I abandon the diabetic patient before society."And he understands that there are many people who, because they are diabetics, do not want them to treat us in a special way and that we do not feel socially abandoned.
On the other hand, this is a debate forum so you like it or not, if you raise a subject, people have the right to give an respectful way whether they are in favor of and not.
All the best.

We are neither special nor are we inferior, but if we have a very serious health problem, which also, if they do not facilitate life in the private work environment ... we are going on ass.
I encourage narcissus! I suffered every day those situations you comment.Things are achieved with patience.

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
07/24/2019 5:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nigiri, unfortunately you still have a lot of diabetes, you will change your opinion.

solocotrompo
07/24/2019 5:27 p.m.

@solocotrompo, forgive, luckily, because luckily I hope you have many years of life and it is not pleasantLower I face life and keep going.
I do not have to change your mind, I do not understand why you obfusca so much if you are not right, I assume that not everyone thinks like you and that some prefer to lead a normal life without always having to quarrel in this disease and see ifYou think that others do not work and we have no problems, we have them, and of course I encourage Narciso, hopefully manage to lead a better life, but Narcissus also has to understand that given the statements they have made, people are going to comment andNarcissus not only says that in his work they are bastards that do not leave him time to look at bloodthat they treat us like everyone and not consider us either invalid or inferior.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/24/2019 8:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

To me the director of the center where I work (Public Institute) has told me not to look at the glycemia (I have no freestyle or similar) because I give bad example to the students (I think I lost something ...)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/24/2019 9:11 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

We neither cry nor are we lower, simply at work each lives their reality.In our case it is very different and very hard and, if it is the private sphere, we multiply it by 10. The law says that a worker can make his day for 6h without breaks.In our case, can we Narciso or me, work at that pace like the others, perhaps with a pair of cookies or a zumito in the pocket?I'm afraid no.This is a complaint with these situations and a protection revindication for our health.If we, the diabetics, do not understand so, how are others to understand?We need a lot of visibility, support and that will never make me feel different.

solocotrompo
07/24/2019 11:52 p.m.

Hello: I only agree at the work level the rest I disagree.I consider that the person responsible for diabetes is the patient is he who should know howCorrect dose also according to what you eat or if you are high.If after 4 years you don't know how to do this we are going wrong.I am diabetic for 35 years I have 2 daughters and I have it acceptable I have no complications and 35 years ago I would have reasons to complain and measure parents too but now the truth is not and if something does not explain it well on the Internet you learn everything.I go to the endocrine 2 times year and it already comes to me that the disease I control it I have also taken pump and various sensors.I just hope I trust the freestyle now.I advise you to complain less and that you accept that you have a chronic disease, that you are never going to cure yourself and that you have to control it to you and that you can do everything that everyone does.Wanting is power.The only thing that limits me in my life are my nightlife but I have a husband who takes care of me and attends to me when I am low and in my work they serve me.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/28/2019 11:23 a.m.

I sincerely do not like to go to the endocrine or the diabetologist (or caregiver or whatever it is) I want to enjoy a normal life, not spend weeks in the doctor, what overwhelmed right?At work if we are a little as forgotten or that they do not take us seriously or sometimes too much.

I left my last job (in part I regret it) because I worked many hours (from 8 to 15 or 15 to 9pm) alone and I couldn't even do the glycemia, either eating or anything because I could not leave the store alone.He arrived home at 5 p.m. and had to have lunch at that time (imagine)

I did not tell the manager that it was diabetic until a week spent since it hired me.He put on a beast and told me that if I had known about before I did not hire myself and took free insults on his part.

I felt very bad because I knew that if I said from the beginning that it was diabetic I did not hire me either there or anywhere ... but I needed to work although it did not last long, the glycems did not go down from 400 of the nerves that I tookIn that store ... So when I went to my doctor he told me: either your work or your health ... and well, I have been unemployed for 3 years ... the good thing is that I now have great control but work 0...

Arikasplay's profile photo
Arikasplay
07/28/2019 1:16 p.m.

If the problem is the lack of adaptation in society, to generalize, of the diabetic patient, I do not see the solution in everything you have written.
People speak without knowing why, as is normal, I did not know the whole technological world and the wide range of medications, or anything or anything, because if it were, I would have to study all the diseases.People who bother with comments are explained, even if they ignore.
Second, work.It does not seem to me that being diabetic they have to reduce the load, much less.We are people totally suitable for everything.If you enter a company demanding that because it is diabetic you have to work less or different, bad.Regarding controls, that occupies a minute of your workday, you can do it without knowing, and I don't think they will tell you anything.It is also your right.
And with health ... that is ... I trying to go to the doctor as little as possible asking to go every week ... for God's !!!!Remove Remove !!!They have explained it to me from 10 since my debut, I go to the doctor regularly, but not every week (I wouldn't want) and I have never had a problem.In fact, the health professional trusts someone more so than the typical plasta who asks and questions everything (I do not say it for you).
I think this disease we have to take it, it is ours.But if we look for him but to everything, we obsess ourselves, and a thousand more stories, the controls get worse, and the disease owns our body.

Less head comedies and live life as you can !!

SaraLoureiro's profile photo
SaraLoureiro
07/28/2019 3:07 p.m.

The labor issue is a complicated point, I am the first one who defends that a diabetic can perform any work and effort as well as the rest, there are professional diabetic athletes that have the same ability to run a marathon, climb mountains and win any championship and theDiabetes is not an impediment.All cases are unique and different but we should not consider ourselves inferior or incapacitated by having a disease.

Companies are after all jobs that are not obliged to know how to act in situations of diseaseAnd yet in emergency situations the nerves can make them know how to react or do not remember, but we all have a mobile to call 112, they as medical professionals should know the procedure, not the accountant or the waiterof charge that works with you.Nor do I as a worker or my boss in his contract indicates that he must know the diseases of his workers and how to proceed to each case.Just as there are no tension pills to give an example there is also no insulin or glucagon in my work center, because we do not have even paracetamol or ibuprofen.And it is logical.They are not pharmacies, they are work centers.I am responsible for carrying my medication on top.There is still discrimination against diabetics?Of course, but we must also assess that perhaps discrimination sometimes we create it ourselves and externalize it.

And I repeat again, each case is a world but with the technology that there is now to make capillary control with a glucometer that in 5 seconds tells you the value and take a juice or inject insulin does not take more than going to the bathroom to do yourneeds.

sil's profile photo
sil
07/28/2019 6:35 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

narcissus said:
I think the labor issue has focused badly.I asked about people who have to make a living doing physical views 8 hours a day and how the type 1 diabetes bears in their work.

If it is not your case (as it seems) do not bother you to answer since little or nothing you can help me.

P.S.Some jelly beans and load my 7,000 kilos daily without disheveling and if it gives me a hypo of 50 or less, zumito and in 5 minutes to return.How easy bulls are seen from the barrier.

I have been diabetic and more than 22 working on the construction of the construction for three and a half years.Now, in summer, with thirty -many degrees in the shade, I have to work in the sun.I also move thousands of kilos daily and go up and down from scaffolding tens of times.When I have a downturn, as something sweet on the fly and continue.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
07/10/2022 12:01 p.m.

I have 32 years of diabetes 1 and I ree I understand @narciso .. No one says of giving us a different treatment, but if contemplating each person in their singularities, because we are all different and the works are not all the same.I must say that as a diabetic I do not see myself in a load or excessive stress work.I also have to say that I am diabetics not to be treated different or ask for benefits but because I have a number of visits to the older doctor who has no diabetes.In this society of the "Fully Time worker" you sometimes have to give these explanations ... and yes, I have to go to the doctor, I am a diabetics and it is a condition that I did not choose.There is nothing wrong with being different, and who are not different and normal?What are those normal stereotypes?Demonstrate to the world that as a diabetics I can also upload Mount Everest or be the Wonder Woman is ridiculous.Vulnerability is typical of our human condition, and I am not ashamedIt helps us make visible the complex of our disease.And it has cost us to get out of invisibility .. Let's see, it is life, nobody questions it and I am no less about diabetes, there are currently technologies that did not exist years ago and that facilitates good control, but we also listen to whomThey do not feel accompanied in the workplace and social.If we are not like the advice of "my grandmother takes a pill and nothing else", which they explain before and with which I felt very identified.

Sami's profile photo
Sami
07/10/2022 5:08 p.m.

narcissus said:
I think the labor issue has focused badly.I asked about people who have to make a living doing physical views 8 hours a day and how the type 1 diabetes bears in their work.

If it is not your case (as it seems) do not bother you to answer since little or nothing you can help me.

P.S.Some jelly beans and load my 7,000 kilos daily without disheveling and if it gives me a hypo of 50 or less, zumito and in 5 minutes to return.How easy bulls are seen from the barrier.

Hi Narciso, have you looked at your agreement, if you allow you to request a change of position in your company for justified reasons?There are agreements that do allow it.Health is first, and if you see that there is no possibility of improvement, you might have to consider a change of work ... that is already very personal.
As for meals, my educator gave me all the tools to be able to make the carbohydrate counting, if I have any questions he calls me or writes to me and we make the necessary changes ... At first I also thought it was better to stick to a given diet, but after the months, I think it is better to check with your tastes the effects that certain meals and depending at what time they feel you in one way or another .... What I have done is to sign up in a notebook the portions that I have as I haveof that food "new in my diabetic stage" and see how I feel ... and if everything is going well, and I have succeeded, then I repeat.
The amounts of insulin do not get them with the ratios-sensibility that your educator adjusts to you in an application?I use to calculate the Social Diabetes and the truth, for the moment, it is working very well and is very successful in the predictions of insulin amount that I have to administer ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/11/2022 11:29 a.m.

I work as a warehouse, and I don't stop 5 mins, I have a 6 -hour schedule but if I stop I don't have time to get the task, HC theme and tell them do it for yourself that I do not harm your glucose, IEndocrine I only go to give me the request of the analysis and little else, knowing if there is any new treatment (for 32 years it is always the same mantra, there are many promising research lines but na de na) in the end you know yourself betterThat one or an endocrine, I manage only the whole subject of sugar

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/11/2022 1:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.