How to treat diabetes in gastroenteritis

imelda's profile photo   07/08/2019 9:32 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!
My 6 -year -old son debuted 4 months ago and we are still acclimatizing the new life.
He is a small child and in an alien leather is even more complicated.
My question goes for when I am bad with gastroenteritis that vomits and I can't eat anything.
How is controlling in those days?You have to keep putting insulin but I do not eat anything ......
If someone can explain how to act in those days.
thanks a lot???

imelda's profile photo
imelda
07/08/2019 9:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@imelda, my experience was with a stomach virus.Everyone at home gave diarrhea.He gave me vomiting.I vomited 3 times in a row and very strong and ran to the hospital.I passed 3 days because I did not eat.With normal serum, serum with dextrose and serum with mediation for nausea.Until I could eat they discharged me.
The biggest problem is ketones.You should know that he can do ketosis with normal glycemia.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/08/2019 11:27 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

If you do not eat fast you will not have to use but slowly if although the same less quantity.That depends on how you have adjusted it.If you do not go down between hours not at night then not to put quickly.If it lowers it, a pharmacy serum that usually comes with glucose and if it does not tolerate that, it is best to go to the hospital because in addition to the risk of hypo you can dehydrate.
I have spent several times a whole day with vomiting and I do not make any change in the slow because I do not go down, I do not put fast and voila.But in my case I know that the slow does not go down, I usually fast and I have controlled how not to eat, if you do not know how it will affect it because it is best to go to the hospital and put it serum.
The ketones is not a problem whenever glucose is well and does not dehydrate.If you drink serum and glucose is fine, you don't have to worry about what ketones come out, it is normal.As there is no glucose, the body goes on to use fats and ketones occur that the body uses as fuel.But you always have to control that glucose does not rise and that it does not dehydrate.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/08/2019 11:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.