I am confused with the type of diabetes I suffer

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/30/2018 12:37 a.m.

Hello, I am Mexican, I am 34 years old and a month ago for a fast test on an empty stomach detects high glucose 246, later I repeated two weeks later a blood test and left altered 283, I went with the internist and told me it was type two diabetes but withoutAsk for any other exam, I send me metformin, but I read here that when you have less than forty the diabetes would be type 1, with which exam you can determine that, additional I was pregnant three years ago and in a test by the insurance they detected meGlucose in 126 on an empty stomach, my private doctor I ask to repeat the exam but one on an empty stomach and another two hours after breakfast and in that particular laboratory exam I went well 92 and after breakfast 128, and finally before my deliveryDo exams and the glucose went well on 95, what would it be that since that date was I diabetes?Or it was seasonal and posterior diabetes, type 2 was developed please help me I am confused.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2018 12:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type 1 develops very fast.
The ones that appear more slowly are type2 or lada.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/30/2018 6:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Age has nothing to do with the type of diabetes.There are children who have type 2 and adults to those who diagnose type 1 or lad.To be 100% safe, they would have to look at you peptide C and antibodies but in your case if you already had gestational diabetes, it is normal for women who have gestational diabetes usually develop type 2 a few years later if they do not change the lifestyle.Control the food, exercise and take the pills that the doctor has put and if not improvement returns to the doctor and that does more tests.The most important thing in Type 2 is diet and exercise and if you have weight weight weight.If you do not change habits you will get worse and have to put insulin, in addition to the complications that diabetes brings that if you do not have good control you will end up developing any or several.But with diet and exercise you can carry it well and lose weight and not worsen the disease.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/30/2018 6:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

regina said:
Type 1 develops very fast.
The ones that appear more slowly are type2 or lada.

Thanks Regina, what is the lad?

DiabetesForo
10/30/2018 7:20 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
age has nothing to do with the type of diabetes.There are children who have type 2 and adults to those who diagnose type 1 or lad.To be 100% safe, they would have to look at you peptide C and antibodies but in your case if you already had gestational diabetes, it is normal for women who have gestational diabetes usually develop type 2 a few years later if they do not change the lifestyle.Control the food, exercise and take the pills that the doctor has put and if not improvement returns to the doctor and that does more tests.The most important thing in Type 2 is diet and exercise and if you have weight weight weight.If you do not change habits you will get worse and have to put insulin, in addition to the complications that diabetes brings that if you do not have good control you will end up developing any or several.But with diet and exercise you can carry it well and lose weight and not worsen the disease.

Thank you so much!

DiabetesForo
10/30/2018 7:21 p.m.

Type 1 diabetes is of autoimmune origin.The pancreas stops producing insulin quickly and the patient needs to administer this insulin from the moment of the diagnosis.Lada is also autoimmune but its appearance is slower.Normally it is a medium -sized person, not obese or with very discreet overweight, who begins the picture little by little, who at the beginning does not need insulin for at least a few months and that then has to be administered.Many times they are people with a history of an autoimmune disease.It is related to the presence of some concrete histocompability antigen.As in type 1 diabetes, there is a decrease in insulin production that translates into a decrease in peptide C in analysis.The definitive diagnosis is to detect specific blood antibodies.It is estimated that up to 10% of type 2 diabetics are actually lada.The importance of a correct diagnosis is that a lad is a tributary of early treatment with insulin, unlike type 2, and for me the diagnosis is also very important to explain to the patient such as his diabetes, that normal evolution is towards treatmentWith Insulins, which is not that they are doing the treatment badly or not careful and avoiding feelings of guilt and inecely anguish.
And forgive for the tocho.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/30/2018 8:55 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Type 2 diabetes is not by insulin deficit but in cells there is a resistance to insulin action, insulin production is normal (and therefore also the peptide c) and there are no antibodies against insulin or insulinAgainst Pancrea cells

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/30/2018 9:02 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Hello deby.I also had gestational diabetes in 2005 and 2008. After the pregnancies I returned to normal, but year after year my basal glucose was increasing and I could control myself with exercise and diet until two years ago.
In October 2016, I was diagnosed as type2 at 43, but metformin treatment did not go well.After insisting, I got the doctor to send me to the endocrine.There it was seen that my peptide C was very low and gave positive in gad antibodies.They changed my diagnosis to the type1.
Now I am with taujeo basal insulin and valuing introduce fast because, despite eating few carbohydrates and leading an active life, values ​​after eating are deteriorating.
It is very common that the first symptom of Lada in women is in pregnancy.The autoimmune attack is slow and starts long before the first symptoms.Given the extra needs of insulin in pregnancy, the body cannot satisfy them and gestational diabetes appears.
With your age, if you have no obesity and make an active life, make antibody analysis and measure the C peptide, to see your insulin production.If you are type1 lada as soon as you start treatment with insulin, better, since they say it helps maintain the pancreatic function you still have.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/01/2018 7:33 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.