Basal dose

jmvallejo's profile photo   11/04/2018 2:15 p.m.

Hello everyone,
I have a specific query in relation to the basal insulin dose.
I am DBT1, I give myself in a daily way of Tresiba and I carry my treatment for hydrates.
In general, my postpandracial DPS measurements of the dinners remain in values ​​of 120 and remain thus until the following mornings before breakfast (100/110).
What I have noticed is that the days I eat many more hydrates (pasta, rice, sushi, etc.) of the usual ones, my postpondrial dinner is in 120 but I arrived with breakfast with values ​​of 140/150.
It may be that the days that one ingests more HC of the usual ones, consumes more units of the basal (slow) and that is why at night it does not stay stable until the next day?
Thank you

jmvallejo's profile photo
jmvallejo
11/04/2018 2:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you only use slowly, you can't lower the glucose of all hydrates and go up throughout the night..Using only slow you have to ration the hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2018 5:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you have more slow hydrates you will need more basal to metabolize.That's why you get up high.
I would avoid those hydrates at dinner, comelos in food that you can exercise in the afternoon you can burn them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2018 5:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.