Diabetes, Cancer and I

Ana Poppe's profile photo   07/27/2019 4:43 p.m.

This is going to be the story of my experience with these two diseases.
I have type 1 diabetes 34 years ago, my age is now 41 years old.
I have been diagnosed with breast cancer almost three weeks ago.At first this news impacts and yes, the first days you dive into a sea of ​​sensations.Many of these sensations are rare, confusing, scattered, of fear, of courage, of hope, of sadness, of loneliness, of restlessness, of disbelief, of calm and of uncertainty among many others.But little by little you are preparing to shelter in your life, a "shelter" that has to disguise itself as positivity and hope, now you have to fight another disease, cancer.
I have already lived the experience of cancer with my mother, how cruel it can be when you take over your life.It becomes giant and full of power, destroys you little by little but at the same time it is in a hurry to snatch your life.On occasion he was silent and I was waiting patiently so that my mother could be calm with us but always returned and appeared without any notice.
Now I have touched me and I think about the people who are in this same situation and I know that, in one way or another, you have to get out of this one like the many people who manage to get ahead with this or other diseases because we are so, we fightAs beasts when we want to be well, when we want to save our lives we grab it with force, with determination and dignity because sometimes we do not know how strong we are until life and circumstances put you to the test.
This is going to be a long battle and surely many times I will feel winner but I also know that cancer will remind me that the battle continues and that he is there and I will get up and I will do it strongly thanks to my family's support, beingsDear and the strength that life gives me.
Today cancer has no cure but can send for long years and you can reach old age without having to wait for it again, that is my hope, that is my goal, that has to be my reality.
I have diabetes and I have cancer but I want to live and I will.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
07/27/2019 4:43 p.m.

Anapp

I have read your message.Once read, not answering is not an option since I had a friend with Mom Cancer.

I'm sure you're going to fight.I have no doubt after reading your message.I think that's the most important thing.And you are also going to win, in fact you have already done it!

Many kisses

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/27/2019 8:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Jldiazdel thank you very much for the spirits !!!They comfort !!!
A big hug.

Ana Poppe
07/27/2019 10:05 p.m.

Anapp

I have four companions who have overcome it and are cured.Today there are very good treatments.You will see how you will overcome it too.A hug and a lot of encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/27/2019 11:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Ana Poppe", we are beneficiaries of an excellent public health system, surely you will get victorious in that fight.It will be a hard fight, but it is temporary.Encouragement and strength.I send you a solidarity hug.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/28/2019 1:14 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

"@Ana Poppe" Much encouragement.You have already started the winning race, you will reach the goal with all the success.
Thanks to science and health professionals today they heal many women and you are a winner.
To the goal!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/28/2019 10:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Much encouragement !!!Today there are very good treatments and surely you overcome it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/28/2019 10:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Solaria exact!As you say, the public health we have in Spain is excellent and a great help in these and other situations.
I liked that you remind me that this fight will be temporary.Thank you!😉

Ana Poppe
07/28/2019 11:18 a.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.