{'en': 'More than six thousand Madrid people suffer from diabetes', 'es': 'Más de seis mil madrileños padecen diabetes'} Image

More than six thousand Madrid people suffer from diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/17/2018 5:21 p.m.

As every year, on November 14 the World Diabetes Day is celebrated.Currently in our country 5 million people suffer from diabetes.Practically half does not know that it is diabetic and therefore is not receiving a treatment, if it needs it.In the Community of Madrid every year, more than 6,000 Madrid with diabetes is diagnosed.

Routines such as physical exercise, healthy habits in food and healthy habits in sleep with some of the routines that should be done to prevent diabetes.

It may seem that obesity or sleep with diabetes is not related, but there are studies that have shown that sleep quality is important in obesity and therefore, obesity and diabetes go hand in hand.

Diabetes is a painless disease, which does not give symptoms until there is no important lack of insulin in the body, so many patients do not know that they suffer from that disease.In addition, the symptoms are quite nonspecific: tiredness, thirst, malaise ... symptoms that are not given much importance.

WHO recommends performing 30 minutes of physical exercise per day, a very important part to combat diabetes and other diseases.For many to take an exercise routine and thousands of excuses appear so as not to exercise but surely we can all get those 30 minutes daily to activate our body.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/17/2018 5:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello fer.In the message you give data on the number of diabetic people, if you can confirm it, it seems to me to understand that in Madrid there are 6000 new diabetics every year, is it really so?

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
11/18/2018 11:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think he says that we are 6,000 diabetics in Madrid, not that 6,000 more diabetics are detected every year.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/19/2018 7:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ton", @ruthbia, because you are right ... it is a mistake, I correct it up and incidentally I share an infographic that has a complete vision of the diabetes situation in Spain.;)

Thanks for warning !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2018 10:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.