{'en': 'Diabetes Prevention Project', 'es': 'Proyecto prevención diabetes'} Image

Diabetes Prevention Project

letisan23's profile photo   11/26/2018 3:34 p.m.

Hello everyone,

As a student of the European Master of Health Economics, my work team and I have been assigned with the task of developing a proposal to implement a technology at the European Union level that could improve the health of the population.

After investigating a little on the subject, we decided to focus on diabetes, given the high incidence figures of this disease.

We are really overturned in making a good proposal that, who knows if in the future, could help many people.

As a starting point, we have focused on prevention and early detection;We know that there are several technologies that are in development to detect cases of pre-diabetes and, with adequate treatment, stop the advance of the disease.

However, I go to the forum because we would like to know what patients with diabetes really demand, how the European Union money could be used in the most efficient way to help them, what we can do, as future workers in the sectorof health, to facilitate the lives of those people and improve those aspects that, today, present certain inefficiencies.

Any idea, suggestion, history, etc.It can help us.

Thank you all and encouragement!

letisan23's profile photo
letisan23
11/26/2018 3:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I would like you to find a way to prevent type 1 diabetes, that seems to me a maximum level challenge, and in which it is worth investing the money from the European Union ... since the impact of diabetes onThe scenario of type 1, is the ones that most affect the day to day, and of greater complexity of managing.

On the other hand, instead of investing in prevention, I think it would be much better to invest in a healDiabetic future, as of the current ones ... that if I remember correctly ... worldwide already reaches 422 million people worldwide, of which 10% is calculated by type 1, therefore, you would be significantly helping, at least, 42 million people.

Much encouragement with the project, hopefully I will arrive a day to fruition !!!

I leave a couple of infographics with data on the subject, in case it serves you.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/26/2018 10:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

European Master of the Health Economy !!!Economy and health would not have to go in the same sentence but sadly it is what we have.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/27/2018 8:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I thought the same,@sigsauer.
The only thing, to heal us all and we would not generate more expenses;
In the prevention of type1 they should investigate in vaccines against viruses that trigger it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2018 6:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.