Temporary basal

FERLE's profile photo   08/14/2019 2:45 a.m.

Firefighters, how much do they use a temporary basal?occasionally?daily?or practically live with temporary?A question about mere curiosity

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/14/2019 2:45 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Well, it always depends on what you do.But we are going a temporary basal one gets to use almost daily if you want to carry a fairly good control, unless life is monotonous and always repetitive.It will depend on the glycemia margins you want to carry.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/14/2019 12:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
Well always depends on what you do.But we are going a temporary basal one gets to use almost daily if you want to carry a fairly good control, unless life is monotonous and always repetitive.It will depend on the glycemia margins you want to carry.

That was what I wanted to get, I literally have almost a basal pattern happened with temporary and it is very true that in order to get to good control you have to resort to the storms daily in most cases.The needs of the body throughout the day are very variable and do not have the same needs every day.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/14/2019 1:39 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Hello
I don't know if I understand you well with the "temporary" basal.I understand what you say that you change the basal daily (or almost)?
I do not use insulin bomb but boli and I always put the same basal at night (4 u. Of Abasaglar, that I know that it does not last 24 h).Here they told me that if I got up in the morning at the same levels that I had slept, it was a signal that the basal was well adjusted.I have only changed it once at 7 u.On vacation because I saw that I woke up taller.I guess not do my regular sport and some excess masters.I don't know if it's right.During the day I adjust with the fast food function

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/14/2019 3:39 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello @jldiazdel yes, to change the basal we refer, but in the case of the pencils it is much more delicate to make basal changes since they affect the day for that reason it is correct to not touch the basal if you dawWith the pump, insulin delivery per hour is much more accurate and the basal needs in the different periods of the day are much more, so with pump are the basal patterns and with the temporal timly the basal section according to need, because unfortunatelyThere is no defined pattern for every day, needs always vary.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/14/2019 4:14 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

@Ferle, corrections I prefer to do them with temporary basal and not manual bolus, in case of high blood glucose.If blood glucose has a arrow down, it also uses the storm lowering the percentage.That is, if, I use the temporal basal.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/14/2019 4:26 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Ferle
Very interesting
thank you

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/14/2019 5:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have mounted a closed loop system, Androidaps, and use the temporal basals a lot.The control obtained is impressive.I never played so much with temporary basals before.Above now automatically, it's great.

Vita's profile photo
Vita
08/18/2019 12:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Vita, you could explain what is going, an explanation at the illiterate level, Plisss.This is similar to 670g?Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/18/2019 6 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I believe that what @vita explains is very similar to the Medtronic Minimed 670g bomb system, but in DIY format (do it yourself).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/18/2019 7:22 p.m.

If that is.There is a lot of information online.I encourage you to read to train a little in the concepts and you will venture.I am amazed.
Here he explains
Link
Anything...
There are also Facebook groups

Vita's profile photo
Vita
08/18/2019 8:23 p.m.

@Vita What bomb and what meter do you have?Have you achieved it for the social according to?I want to do the mm but I have the 640 and it is not compatible

acac's profile photo
acac
08/25/2019 5:11 p.m.

The bomb I have is Roche's insight and the meter is the freestyle along with Miaomiao to make it a continuous meter.The bomb if social security gives it to me.

Vita's profile photo
Vita
08/26/2019 9:10 a.m.

ferle said:
firefighters, how much do they use a temporary basal?occasionally?daily?or practically live with temporary?A question about mere curiosity

Practically daily. With the bomb you get exquisite and if you have, for example, 160, that it is not bad, you increase a tad the basal with temporary basal to be in 130. Or on the contrary, suspend the basal to climb faster and moreEasy if there is hypo.It is an excellent tool.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
08/26/2019 7:49 p.m.

solar said:
@ferle, corrections I prefer to do them with temporary basal and not manual bolus, in case of high blood glucose.If blood glucose has a arrow down, it also uses the storm lowering the percentage.That is, if, use the temporal basal.

And compensates you?
I explain myself, if you have high blood glucose, if you use a temporary basal instead of Bolus, the time it takes for the body to reach normal figures is greater than using a Bolus.Unless you mean that you have for example 160 and you want to reach 130. But in case 230 up I apply a corrector bolus to reach the ideal figure as soon as possible.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2019 3:49 p.m.

ferle said:
firefighters, how much do they use a temporary basal?occasionally?daily?or practically live with temporary?A question about mere curiosity

I believe that the less temporary basal has to use, it indicates a good programming of the insulin pump patterns.Because if you use many basal patterns because you have for example hypoglycemia after eating, it could be that the insulin/ration ratio is raised.

Where I use a temporary basal is when it comes to sports, 1 hour before I reduce the basal to 20 % for 1 hour.The rest I only use the temporal basal to correct hypoglycemia.

Sometimes for whatever reason, I need less or more insulin for a few hours of the day, then I use temporal basal, but if I see that this phenomenon is repeated for a few days, then change the pump configuration as needed.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2019 3:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.