{'en': 'End honeymoon', 'es': 'Fin luna de miel'} Image

End honeymoon

luisnb34's profile photo   12/04/2018 8:39 a.m.

Hello,

My son began with this wonder of diabetes world in September of this year and it seemed that lately we were taking them controlled.

It was also regulated at night and was flat with hardly any lantus (although the endocrine said it was for the lantus ...).

Anyway, a few days ago he suddenly began one night that no longer regulated and was more than 250 all night.

From that night I can not lower glycemia and anything that eats (however minimal) shoots more than 300.

I already put corrections and look like water.

My question is: Does the honeymoon end from one day to another?

Thank you.

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
12/04/2018 8:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ask the endocrine, it can be a temporal stage, and then return to more normal values.
How many days is "weird"?I am an adult but these episodes pass me once a month they last about 5 days.I usually raise basal and rapid because its effectiveness is almost nil with the usual dose.
If you see that it does not go down, go to the pediatrician and that it derives from the endocrine.Ask for pancreatic reserve analysis, it is seen if it continues on honeymoon or not.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/05/2018 7:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It can be temporary, but the honeymoon ends almost suddenly, especially in children.
If you get up for more than two days, it will need slower, getting out of unity and waiting for two days in each change.
And the fast will surely have to go up too.
You have to adapt insulin to growth.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2018 4:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It has been since Saturday.Before the night was regulated and it was 8-100 all night.Not now.It rises at 180-200.I have uploaded the Lantus and Humalog but it is still high almost all day ... Thank you

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
12/05/2018 7:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.